Fast never seems fast enough for some people

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/#!bugs
nandblock

Fast never seems fast enough for some people

Post by nandblock »

I've been having trouble playing Race for the Galaxy, on fast speed, where certain people behave as if I'm incredibly slow--this is despite my not getting even close to using up my time or going into the red. For instance, I had one game where I never got lower than 1-1/2 minutes left on the clock, where the guy started harassing me in the chat and then on the last turn (where he simply had to consume one leftover good) he deliberately ran down the clock to be a jerk. What is people's problem? I understand why people want brisk play, but this is ridiculous, getting hurried along when I'm already playing well within the fastest setting on this site (and not wasting time on dumb stuff--it's things like trying to figure out which cards to discard to pay for something, or otherwise ACTUALLY TRYING TO PLAY WELL). I feel like there are some people who are behaving like chess hustlers rather than actually wanting a proper game.
CB Droege

Re: Fast never seems fast enough for some people

Post by CB Droege »

Leave a personal red thumb, so that you don't play with that person again. It sucks, but sometimes you just aren't compatible with certain other players.

This game in particular is tough though because there is a community of players here who really love 2-player RftG and just play that game all day long, and they get really fast at it, so they may not be as understanding when someone shows up to their table who is not as quick at the game as they are.
nandblock

Re: Fast never seems fast enough for some people

Post by nandblock »

Yeah, I ended up red thumbing them, and I'm sure likewise. -- I can understand people wanting to play quickly, but this is ridiculous--like, this guy basically didn't want me to think about moves at all, and it felt like I was being hustled, given that the clock still had lots of time on it.

Return to “Race for the Galaxy”