Getting annoyed with people timing out games rather than loosing

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/#!bugs
ShodanHo

Getting annoyed with people timing out games rather than loosing

Post by ShodanHo »

I have noticed a trend recently where players who know they have lost the game will stop playing and wait to be timed out. Is anyone else experiencing this or am I just unlucky?
N_Faker

Re: Getting annoyed with people timing out games rather than loosing

Post by N_Faker »

Of which games are you referring?

The server has been bad recently, which may have made it impossible to perform moves.
ShodanHo

Post by ShodanHo »

Race For The Galaxy
N_Faker

Post by N_Faker »

ShodanHo wrote:Race For The Galaxy
For which tables, it is quite apparent which board game is being discussed.
irakun

Post by irakun »

I havent experienced what you said. On the other hand, let me tell a story about a friend of mine:

He was had that issue one. He had a "disagreement" with a guy. The guy made mistakes and wanted to restart the game. My friend acceted once or twice. He didnt accepted the next one and the guy just stopped moving and was doing a move just before timing out so my friend couldnt finish the game (without surrendering, which he didnt want to). He went to the facebook page of BGA and sent a message. Got a quick reply asking for the table number. Then the mod went there. So maybe you can do the same?

(At the end of the story, well, the mod ended up closing the table and my friend got banned 3 days because of innapropriate language :P, so be nice ;) )
nandblock

Post by nandblock »

Sometimes people leave on the final round because they think it is over, but if they have more than 10 cards or they can produce on a windfall the program won't end until they discard or produce. Usually this is a pointless and forgettable action so it is easy to forget about it and leave prematurely.
sesquiup

Post by sesquiup »

losing, not loosing.
KeroCola

Post by KeroCola »

Just had someone try to offer a neutralized game then timed out on purpose when i refused to neutralize the game to save his precious ranking. He then mocked me and despite losing insisted he was better than me and called me a noob. Definitely the highlight of my day.
Jest Phulin

Post by Jest Phulin »

KeroCola wrote: 30 January 2020, 00:22 Just had someone try to offer a neutralized game then timed out on purpose when i refused to neutralize the game to save his precious ranking.
Which is silly, because timing out counts as a loss and additionally affects reputation. Granted, it counts as a loss of less than a full game (ELO calculated on how much of the game has progressed), but still a loss.
KeroCola wrote:He then mocked me and despite losing insisted he was better than me and called me a noob.
Which is why there's a "report this player" link on the table summary page. :)

Return to “Race for the Galaxy”