Click order help

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/#!bugs
truehobbit

Click order help

Post by truehobbit »

I wonder if there could be some help on learning the click order for all the special powers on the cards. Either in the game help on the bottom or on mouse over with the cards. (Consume already has something along those lines, where you get the notice in your tableau: 'click on a good, then on the consume power')

It's just that, although once you've figured it out the click order is kind of logical, in order to get there it's trial and error, with a lot of cards and turns lost (and the frustration that goes with that).
vigorousRoll

Re: Click order help

Post by vigorousRoll »

If a guide had been made available that outlined the click order protocol for all the special case cards, that would have been an excellent resource.

And sometimes the click order doesn't seem to be logical. If you want to settle a world with the help of Colony Ship, you must first drop your world and then click on Colony Ship to discard it from your tableau. But woe be unto you if you then assume that the same protocol should be followed when it's time to drop a world with the assistance of New Military Tactics. If you drop your mili world and then click on NMT, the operation is aborted and BGA doesn't give you a chance to backtrack. To drop that world, you'll have to call Settle again next turn. I suppose the reason for the difference in click order is that you needed to discard NMT to augment your total military power before dropping the world...who knows.

But there are enough quirky differences in click order for some of the special case cards, that I decided to assemble my own guide as I went along and built a little Special Procedures folder.

Return to “Race for the Galaxy”