Best Gameplay we ever had!

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
strollingstar

Best Gameplay we ever had!

Post by strollingstar »

Hello everyone! It's me, strollingstar! This evening me and three of my friends played Res Arcana for the nth time, and this time it's really wild! I would like to share the game replay with all of you here: https://boardgamearena.com/gamereview?table=150456582

Basically I was fortunate enough in the early phase to get the Hypnotic Basin, Chalice of Life, and Sunken Reef. My friend DrShadow02 has Dragon Teeth that I can leech of for my Hypnotic Basin. At one point I even have more than 53 water on me! It makes a really good combo that guarantees a win at round 6! But then he pulls a Philosopher stone and turns all of his fire into gold and went to win the game in round 5. It was really close, since he has just enough gold, not more, not less, to win the game!

Thank you to board game arena and the developers for introducing this game to us! We really enjoy it a lot!
BoardNoremac

Re: Best Gameplay we ever had!

Post by BoardNoremac »

Glad you had fun, I also really enjoy the game too and we actually joied BGA to try it, and have played many other board games since. I mostly play 1v1 with my friend but am thinking 3+ players might be fun too. I am very curious how the games plays with 3-4 players.

Res Arcana is a super skillful game though which has it's pros and cons, especially when it comes to drafting. Players picking random cards are at a huge disadvantage. After I have been playing we have really learned better strategies. Our first two games we pretty much just played all of our artifacts. With a great combo games can end REALLY quick.

Surprised if you guys play it so much that you don't use drafting, it adds so much to the strategy. Overall it is really cool all the little combos in the game. The main reason I am tempted to play with 3+ players is it makes the attacking cards + gain X element based on one rival element so much better. 1v1 it is just so easy to counter these cards.

Return to “Res Arcana”