Two questions

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/#!bugs
Post Reply
skhpldk
Posts: 9
Joined: 04 March 2019, 16:35

Two questions

Post by skhpldk » 29 April 2019, 03:21

When a building has a cost of 1-7 resources does that mean you get more victory points by paying more?

And how the heck do you know if you're winning at this game??? I never really know what's going on until the computer does the math at the end.

User avatar
N_Faker
Posts: 476
Joined: 09 September 2016, 10:16

Re: Two questions

Post by N_Faker » 29 April 2019, 03:40

skhpldk wrote:
29 April 2019, 03:21
When a building has a cost of 1-7 resources does that mean you get more victory points by paying more?
That is correct.
skhpldk wrote:
29 April 2019, 03:21
And how the heck do you know if you're winning at this game??? I never really know what's going on until the computer does the math at the end.
You will know once you are more familiar with the game. And are attentive to which cards your opponents take.

User avatar
Jest Phulin
Posts: 877
Joined: 08 July 2013, 21:50

Re: Two questions

Post by Jest Phulin » 30 April 2019, 21:20

skhpldk wrote:
29 April 2019, 03:21
When a building has a cost of 1-7 resources does that mean you get more victory points by paying more?
Just expanding on N_Faker's answer:

The points awarded for each building are the die pips required to collect the resources to build it.
For most buildings the cost is constant (one brick and two wood, for example), so the points are constant and printed on the building marker. (4+3+3 =10, in my example) In buildings that cost a variable amount of resources, or that can use different resources, the points cannot be pre-printed.

So, for the building that costs 1-7 of any one resource, it could be worth virtually anything between 3 (one wood) and 42 (7 gold). [OK, for the math junkies out there, the list is 3 4 5 6 8 9 10 11 12 15 16 18 20 21 24 25 28 30 35 42]

User avatar
Cappie
Posts: 100
Joined: 15 December 2015, 14:25

Re: Two questions

Post by Cappie » 01 May 2019, 10:18

Jest Phulin wrote:
30 April 2019, 21:20
[OK, for the math junkies out there, the list is 3 4 5 6 8 9 10 11 12 15 16 18 20 21 24 25 28 30 35 42]
Okay... when you post a list of possible points... you asked for someone to check it :P

I think you forgot:
7 (1 wood and 1 clay)
13 (3 wood and 1 clay) or some other possibilities
and about every other number between 3 and 42... maybe someone has the time to check every number, but I think all must be possible.

User avatar
nmego
Posts: 105
Joined: 27 December 2017, 07:08

Re: Two questions

Post by nmego » 01 May 2019, 17:06

Pretty sure every number is possible, because:

There are 4 resource values (3, 4, 5, 6)

The lowest number is 3. You can increase it to 6 using only one resource
Using two resources, you can get from 3-3 to 6-6. so you're getting all numbers from 6-12 (To do so, just increase one resource gradually to 6 then do the same with the other one)
Using three resources, you can get it from 3-3-3 to 6-6-6, so you're getting all numbers from 9-18
Following the pattern:
3-6 6-12 9-18 12-24 15-30 18-36 24-42. Every number is included.

User avatar
Jest Phulin
Posts: 877
Joined: 08 July 2013, 21:50

Re: Two questions

Post by Jest Phulin » 01 May 2019, 19:40

But the building is 1-7 of a single type of resource. :) You can't buy it with 1 wood and 1 clay.

At least I thought it was a single resource. If I am wrong on that, then, yes, all numbers are possible.

User avatar
RicardoRix
Posts: 668
Joined: 29 April 2012, 23:43

Re: Two questions

Post by RicardoRix » 01 May 2019, 22:14

There is no such restriction.
Points scored vary with the resources used.
The player can acquire this building by paying 1 to 7 ressources, their choice.
The player chooses the number and type of resources used to obtain this building.

User avatar
Jest Phulin
Posts: 877
Joined: 08 July 2013, 21:50

Re: Two questions

Post by Jest Phulin » 02 May 2019, 00:10

My mistake. I stand corrected.

User avatar
Cappie
Posts: 100
Joined: 15 December 2015, 14:25

Re: Two questions

Post by Cappie » 02 May 2019, 13:56

Jest Phulin wrote:
01 May 2019, 19:40
But the building is 1-7 of a single type of resource. :) You can't buy it with 1 wood and 1 clay.

At least I thought it was a single resource. If I am wrong on that, then, yes, all numbers are possible.
I am also sorry... I did not read your...
Jest Phulin wrote:
30 April 2019, 21:20
So, for the building that costs 1-7 of any one resource
..as just one sort of resource. No problem of course ;)

skhpldk
Posts: 9
Joined: 04 March 2019, 16:35

Re: Two questions

Post by skhpldk » 09 May 2019, 04:39

Jest Phulin wrote:
30 April 2019, 21:20
skhpldk wrote:
29 April 2019, 03:21
When a building has a cost of 1-7 resources does that mean you get more victory points by paying more?
Just expanding on N_Faker's answer:

The points awarded for each building are the die pips required to collect the resources to build it.
For most buildings the cost is constant (one brick and two wood, for example), so the points are constant and printed on the building marker. (4+3+3 =10, in my example) In buildings that cost a variable amount of resources, or that can use different resources, the points cannot be pre-printed.

So, for the building that costs 1-7 of any one resource, it could be worth virtually anything between 3 (one wood) and 42 (7 gold). [OK, for the math junkies out there, the list is 3 4 5 6 8 9 10 11 12 15 16 18 20 21 24 25 28 30 35 42]
Thanks, that's interesting.

I still never really know whether I'm ahead or behind. I grab up as much as I can but can't figure out any strategy.

Post Reply

Return to “Stone Age”