Why is Arena using Bird Temple instead of the advanced Snake Temple?

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
Calmon70

Why is Arena using Bird Temple instead of the advanced Snake Temple?

Post by Calmon70 »

So why is Arena using Bird Temple instead of the snake temple? I was under impression it should use the advanced mode for more competitive play and honestly bird temple doesn't feel advanced enough to me.
Ez0ah

Re: Why is Arena using Bird Temple instead of the advanced Snake Temple?

Post by Ez0ah »

I think it would be interesting to change the Temple every season.

About your comment, is the snake temple really more competitive? Or even more advanced? Sure, it may be harder to score points with the snake temple, but it doesn't really mean you need more skills to beat your opponents.

Also, more complexity doesn't necessarily imply more competitiveness.
Calmon70

Post by Calmon70 »

Well I think the decision making is a bit deeper in snake temple, because the research track is build in a way you need to decide a lot how much you advance with both of your tokens. Bird temple is way more straight forward, you just bring your glass to the top. Also more diversity in travel costs allows more possibilities for specific items/assistants being slightly better/worse in some situations.
theaarondean

Post by theaarondean »

Calmon70 wrote: 27 May 2021, 07:25 Well I think the decision making is a bit deeper in snake temple, because the research track is build in a way you need to decide a lot how much you advance with both of your tokens. Bird temple is way more straight forward, you just bring your glass to the top. Also more diversity in travel costs allows more possibilities for specific items/assistants being slightly better/worse in some situations.
I second this, especially the bit about more diverse travel costs. I'd vote for Arena to use either the snake temple next season, or to use a random temple each game.

Return to “Lost Ruins of Arnak”