Rules not available in BGA

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/#!bugs
Rajam

Rules not available in BGA

Post by Rajam »

In the official rules of this game (http://riograndegames.com/uploads/Game/ ... eRules.pdf), page 4, at the end of the mayor role it reads:

"- Usually, all players place/move their colonists at the same time. If, however, the
players feel that their placement decisions may depend on other’s placements, the
players should place their colonists is the following order: first, the mayor and, then,
the others in clockwise order from the mayor"

Although it's not explicit in the rules, the same rule would apply at the end of the captain role when it's time to store goods. It can be inferred from this paragraph in page 3:
"The action associated with a role card is always taken first by the player
who took the card, followed by the others in clockwise order."

Currently, BGA has no way to enforce this rule. Sadly, I've been in need to use it in some games, but I've no way to enforce it, and several players aren't familiar with the rule (what's worse is when they think I'm lying and don't want to follow it). I'm pretty sure some of you have been in this situation. Has it happened to you? What have you done?

What do you think of making an inquiry to BGA so they add the option to call this rule when needed? Who would we need to contact?
Een

Re: Rules not available in BGA

Post by Een »

Hi,

This has already been discussed here: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=10575
Liallan

Post by Liallan »

I read the other thread, and had also considered that in real-time it would be easy to just state up front that those need to stay in player order. But I don't see that working well in turn-based. Or at least not without it being a hassle, and it might be difficult to get everyone to conform.

Not that I know a good solution, because forcing that turn order (especially when it's not always necessary) could add its own problems.

On the other hand, if there's someone who wishes not to make their move until those before them have, they can always just wait. I guess the only problem there is the available turn time.
Rajam

Post by Rajam »

Liallan wrote:On the other hand, if there's someone who wishes not to make their move until those before them have, they can always just wait. I guess the only problem there is the available turn time.
Problem is, while you wait, your timer still runs. And it's an issue if you have less available time than the other player who should end first.
Liallan

Post by Liallan »

Rajam wrote:
Liallan wrote:On the other hand, if there's someone who wishes not to make their move until those before them have, they can always just wait. I guess the only problem there is the available turn time.
Problem is, while you wait, your timer still runs. And it's an issue if you have less available time than the other player who should end first.

Return to “Puerto Rico”