Bubblee Pop English could be improved, but I can't submit suggestions

Discussions about the original English text
cincodenada

Bubblee Pop English could be improved, but I can't submit suggestions

Post by cincodenada »

I just tried Bubblee Pop for the first time, and it's delightful! There are several improvements that could be made to the English tutorial text and game text, but I can't enter translations on in the translation area, and the "Request a Change" button gives me the error "You can only request a change for an already validated translation" - but the translation doesn't exist!

The changes I want to make are mainly "fall down" -> "drop", since "fall down" isn't a verb in English, as well as a few wording tweaks and using gender-neutral pronouns where applicable.

Does anyone know why I can't submit edits? I know for validated edits I have to have played 10 times, but that doesn't seem to be the case for English.
Giordano Bruno 1974

Re: Bubblee Pop English could be improved, but I can't submit suggestions

Post by Giordano Bruno 1974 »

I have tried doing something similar. The English is very poor in places and barely intelligible. But you can't submit improvements. As far as I can see it's never been "officially translated" to begin with and thus can't be improved.

'Fall down' is a verb in English but it's not transitive i.e. should have no object. A person can fall down but you can't "fall down" your phone. As the original poster said "drop" is the correct English.

Return to “English - en”