What do you think of the new images?

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/#!bugs
Morgalad

What do you think of the new images?

Post by Morgalad »

A week ago I did some changes for Een on the images and User Interface of this game.
My aim was to make the game much clearer and easy to spot what is happening.
I changed the cars, the trees, the board, the cubes, the huts and the statues to have more color and also more contrast against each other, I also added a black border to the statues so they are easy to identify and notice their direction.

What do you think of the new interface?
Cheers...
Morgalad

Developer of: Incan Gold , Takara Island , Taluva and Veggie Garden
N_Faker

Re: What do you think of the new images?

Post by N_Faker »

I found the statue facing to be harder to see, the tiles are far more distinct though.
diamant

Post by diamant »

Tobago est un jeu que je possède, et j'ai trouvé assez choquant de trouver les graphismes d'origine remplacés, au moins pour le plateau. Le mot "horrible" que j'ai employé dans un autre post était peut-être exagéré, mais je pense que les joueurs devraient pouvoir choisir entre les graphismes d'origine et les graphismes alternatifs, employant d'autres couleurs pour la mer, les lacs et les rivières. Je n'aime pas le nouveau graphisme des montagnes.

Les pions, huttes, palmiers, statues et 4x4 n'ont pas été sensiblement modifiés, mais je note la présence de lignes en escalier inesthétiques sur les statues. Pour savoir où regardent les statues, le mieux serait de matérialiser leur ligne de vue jusqu'au bord de mer lorsque le pointeur se trouve dessus.
suet63 fans club

Post by suet63 fans club »

diamant wrote:Tobago est un jeu que je possède, et j'ai trouvé assez choquant de trouver les graphismes d'origine remplacés, au moins pour le plateau. Le mot "horrible" que j'ai employé dans un autre post était peut-être exagéré, mais je pense que les joueurs devraient pouvoir choisir entre les graphismes d'origine et les graphismes alternatifs, employant d'autres couleurs pour la mer, les lacs et les rivières. Je n'aime pas le nouveau graphisme des montagnes.

Les pions, huttes, palmiers, statues et 4x4 n'ont pas été sensiblement modifiés, mais je note la présence de lignes en escalier inesthétiques sur les statues. Pour savoir où regardent les statues, le mieux serait de matérialiser leur ligne de vue jusqu'au bord de mer lorsque le pointeur se trouve dessus.
Is there a way that we can play on traditional version now?
Morgalad

Post by Morgalad »

You could but I would need high definition scans of the board...

I don't know if everyone remember how bad was the old aspect of the game....

FULL RESOLUTION HERE:
http://i.imgur.com/uRFhWqQ.jpg

BOTH IMAGES are 100 accurate no resizing or compression, notice how the palmtrees and the huts and the hexagons borders were completely blurred.

As an option I could replace with newer images in the future, the way I implemented it it can easily replaced if someone provides me new scans of the board. (the old way had all the 64 board combinations scanned separately, I now turn and spin the board pieces to form the board as in the tabletop game.
Cheers...
Morgalad

suet63 fans club

The first time I see the new game board it seems fresh, but the background may be too bright comparing to the centre board

a point raised by asd123321 is that 'there should be indication on where amulets will appear', because the direction of statues are not easy for identification. I try to guess when will it appear in my game, but I fail in some guessing.

and I also find it a bit confusing when an amulet appear, it covers the original type of land, but I think it will be better if there are indications before amulets appear

and as diamant said it is a bit strange that the original game design is completely replaced. it is good to see different types of art but I think we should respect the original design and have it as default, providing that there is no important problems of it.
Morgalad

Post by Morgalad »

As I said, this site is based on community effort. I did all the job of cleaning / refreshing the game look as contibution.

I would be happy to add the old board style images if someone provides me a good scan of the board at good resolution, it was a matter of image clarity, also for the statues, if someone sends me pictures of them from better perspectives I could replace them.
Cheers...
Morgalad

suet63 fans club

Thanks for your effort.

For user experiences, only the game design is changed

Community effort is good, but it should be limited in providing new options, instead of completely replace the old design, the original design

I would say the problem is the order of release, the new version should be released in a way when that players can choose between the old and new system, there should not have a period (or forever?) that the old design is no longer playable.
Olorun

Post by Olorun »

Very good job, can't understand those who complain, you put the time to make a game clearer, who cares about the original design if now the game play is better?
Een

Post by Een »

Hi,
Following requests of players who liked the previous board more, the high resolution board has been made an in-game preference (that you can set with the in-game settings menu at the top right). So now everyone can choose the board they like best!

Return to “Tobago”