Undo Move Option

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
oranjon

Re: Undo Move Option

Post by oranjon »

I think simplicity trumps extra features. I would vote for keeping keeping just the simple Complete Undo that we have now.
Einarsdotter

Post by Einarsdotter »

When learning a game, undo can be a helpful aide; however, for normal play, I'm no big fan of undo features. It should be unobtrusive and optional if it is implemented.

Generally it adds time as some players will keep trying things over and over. Just think about it, do it, and learn if you make mistakes, so you can do better the next game.

Regrets? I've had my share. But, then again, too few to mention.
Chivalrybean

Post by Chivalrybean »

Undo of a single action is fine: Chances are I only need that if I make a mistake.

Dice Hospital can undo a whole turn, which is nice if you realize you did something in a bad order ... but I can live without it.

IMO if no new info is revealed, an undo is nice, because it's easy to screw up in ways on BGA that would be trivial to fix, or impossible to even do in-person.
baker910

Post by baker910 »

I would like to see this implemented as well. I would prefer it to be an "undo last action" as opposed to the entirety of the last die utilized, but I'll take what I can get.
miszon

Post by miszon »

Undo last action is better.
fafa-fr

Post by fafa-fr »

Bourjn wrote: 07 August 2021, 09:30 For me, the best implementation could be to undo any of this action, and be able to repeat the undo to moving back further.
I should have mentioned that repeated undo isn't an option. The framework's not designed at all for these kind of things. I can't save every step in a turn. (I'll edit my first post to mentions this.)
headco

Post by headco »

I'm honestly just happy to have an undo option of any sort (I think undo should be a standard feature for all games). With that said, I mostly just use it to correct misclicks, so while I'm ok with just the complete turn undo, if you feel compelled to add a 'short term' undo, my vote would probably be for just 'undo last action'.
Niall

Post by Niall »

Undo whole turn is fine, and thanks for implementing this with the confirm turn option. This is one of the best implementations of confirm/undo I’ve seen on BGA as it stands. Even if you string a few things together in your turn, it’s really not that much hassle to recreate the whole turn.
Rob6566

Post by Rob6566 »

I'm happy with the current "undo whole turn" functionality. It's easy enough to re-create the handful of actions.
covadis

Post by covadis »

Corwin007 wrote: 07 August 2021, 10:01
covadis wrote: 07 August 2021, 09:03 You made a mistake, you have to work to correct it.
Actual implémentation looks great!
There is already undo. And "a mistake" can happen for lots of reasons, even misclick / mistap. It's a bad idea to make an interface that punishes people for things that have nothing to do with the game. Thankfully, this is not the case for this implementation of CoB, and I'm very happy about that.

---

As for the initial question, undo step by step (not die by die) would be more interesting. I think it would also be less of a source of errors, since it wouldn't group several things, and so would have fewer things to check each step. Honestly though, as much as I love complete undos at all levels, CoB turns are simple enough that even a whole turn reset is already fine. :)
We said the same, juste differently ;)

Return to “The Castles of Burgundy”