Mulligan and 3-for-1 card picks

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
SilvoSwordo

Mulligan and 3-for-1 card picks

Post by SilvoSwordo »

The rules on the older edition suggested other types of card picking than draft and 7 in 10, namely :

3-for-1: Draw 7 occupations and 7 improvements. At any time, a player can discard three cards and draw an new one (in any combination between occupation and minor improvements)
Mulligan: Draw 7 occupations and 7 improvements. Before the first turn, you can discard all your occupations or all your minor improvements and draw that many cards of that type less one. Repeatable.

Both these options are faster than the lengthy drafting process, but allow more freedom than 7 in 10. (Or do they? I'm not an expert)

Is there any hope of these options being implemented? Seeing how many drafting options there are, it seems only right to add some more options for those that want to play without drafting.
Tisaac

Re: Mulligan and 3-for-1 card picks

Post by Tisaac »

SilvoSwordo wrote: 03 September 2021, 10:00 The rules on the older edition suggested other types of card picking than draft and 7 in 10, namely :

3-for-1: Draw 7 occupations and 7 improvements. At any time, a player can discard three cards and draw an new one (in any combination between occupation and minor improvements)
Mulligan: Draw 7 occupations and 7 improvements. Before the first turn, you can discard all your occupations or all your minor improvements and draw that many cards of that type less one. Repeatable.

Both these options are faster than the lengthy drafting process, but allow more freedom than 7 in 10. (Or do they? I'm not an expert)

Is there any hope of these options being implemented? Seeing how many drafting options there are, it seems only right to add some more options for those that want to play without drafting.
Please create a suggestion for that and we will see how many upvote this. It's mostly a matter of dev time. Also need to check with publisher since the adaptation is about revised only.
Ranior

Re: Mulligan and 3-for-1 card picks

Post by Ranior »

Mulligan would not be playable on BGA currently. There are only 48 occupations and minor improvements. In a 4 player game you deal 28 cards, and if everyone wanted to mulligan....

The dev time on the 3 for 1 trade option doesn't sound particularly useful, but maybe that is more popular than I would think.

Personally I don't know if I would bother implementing these, but that's because the 10-7 option seems to just be a better version of both of those to me.

Return to “Agricola”