Saboteur - 6 player games could be with 2 sab all the time?

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/#!bugs
Jurij

Saboteur - 6 player games could be with 2 sab all the time?

Post by Jurij »

It seems like most sabs games are with 7 players. Because the 6 player game is nearly impossible for a lone sab. With 2 sabs 6 player games become super fun. They also, to me, seem more fair for both teams than 2 sabs 7 player games that are way too hard for sabs. Or 3 sabs 7 player games that are too hard for diggers. There is a reason people do not choose to play with 6 players and rather wait 5-10 minutes for the 7th player. Because the 6 player game could become the best variant. But right now is broken.

Could we have a variant where the one who creates the game can click the "Always 2 sabs in 6 player games"-option?

This is just an idea. I don't know about the game stats that you can see on your site. But I'm pretty sure the lonely sab in 6 player games has a really low win percentage. Correct? And 2 sabs in 6 player games have a fair but not to great winning chance?
Yorgad

Re: Saboteur - 6 player games could be with 2 sab all the time?

Post by Yorgad »

Hi,

Traditionally BGA won't implement variants that are not supported by the game developer. I guess your suggestion belongs to that category.

However 6 players game is basically something to experience with game variants, like old mine/selfish or competitive. This would somehow balance the 1 saboteur versus 5 diggers games.

Also I think 7 players game without options is popular because it is often balanced when it comes to 3 sabs vs 4 diggers and because cooperation is key to success. Although 2vs5 game is generally a lost cause for saboteur team, it remains necessary to keep some uncertainty and allow saboteur undercover in a 3vs4 game. Last but not least rewards are averagely lower for diggers in a 2vs5 game...

Cheers,
Y.
MasterMar

Re: Saboteur - 6 player games could be with 2 sab all the time?

Post by MasterMar »

Turn "Maximum number of saboteurs" ON. Problem solved. I guess I'd recommend it in 5-6 player, but not 3-4 because if there's a missing saboteur in those, there is NO saboteur so it isn't unfair for the saboteur, and I don't know about 7+ (I don't mind either way).

Return to “Saboteur”