Max Sabs option for Saboteur

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/#!bugs
annabet

Re: Max Sabs option for Saboteur

Post by annabet »

+1
ojomojojojo

Post by ojomojojojo »

I totally agree with this entire thread. A 2-sab game is very boring and makes me not want to play here anymore. I even noticed it happens a lot more often these days and it really diminishes the value of the game. At least with the "max sab" option, game rules will still be followed since a 3 vs 4 game are within the rules and it will add fairness to the game overall. When I make a table I always encounter those who dont want to play because they dont want a 2-sab game. Hopefully the "maximum sabs" option is something taken into consideration.
Maus227

Post by Maus227 »

Wreckage wrote:I think an extremely popular option in saboteur would be "Maximum Saboteurs" button. So, in a 5 player game there would be exactly 3 diggers and 2 saboteurs...in a 7 player game there
would be exactly 4 diggers and 3 saboteurs.
I disagree. It's making it easier for diggers when it's 4 vs 3 to break the sab that is still trying to hide his role. It's part of the fun to figure out who is on your team by the way they play, not by logics.
upthebooks

Post by upthebooks »

x2 no more 5v2 games, or at least give us this max sab option
Taka2s

Post by Taka2s »

I agree with everything said, +1 for max sabs
TechnicallyFowl

Post by TechnicallyFowl »

Max sabs is a great idea!
Cynthi007

Post by Cynthi007 »

What do you mean by max sabs option?

I would rather raise the gold count for a 2 sabs win.

I think it would also take away some fun if you are sure to have 3 sabs every game you play with 7 players. I don´t mind 2 sab games a lot but I suggest they should get more gold for a win as it is a lot harder for just two.

More gold for 2 sabs! Who is with me? :D
Wreckage

Post by Wreckage »

Those who have mentioned the fun of not knowing the exact number of sabs in a game have a valid point. There is something to be said for a surprise late sab showing up. But so many times we play 3 rounds of lop sided teams, leaving everyone feeling like the game was a complete waste of time.

Even though players may have different perspectives on this option, I dont think many people would avoid a table because this option is on.

I have taught this game to a few groups with the real game and with 7 players I deal out 7 role cards. It guarantees the most fun.
MeltedFace

Post by MeltedFace »

Yea pretty much agree with everyone including Cynthi.
As long s its just an option and not mandatory I see no harm (for both max sabs or increased gold in 2 vs 5)
sapphire778

Post by sapphire778 »

An alternative to consider is configuring the game such that there is a higher probability of getting 3-saboteur rounds in a regular 7-player game. Currently, this probability seems to stand at around...60%.

This would be a good compromise if the programmers don't wish to include the "max sab" toggle feature, but instead retain the ambiguity and suspense elements true to the essence of this game.

Return to “Saboteur”