Max Sabs option for Saboteur

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/#!bugs
hanavesigoblin

Re: Max Sabs option for Saboteur

Post by hanavesigoblin »

sapphire778 wrote:An alternative to consider is configuring the game such that there is a higher probability of getting 3-saboteur rounds in a regular 7-player game. Currently, this probability seems to stand at around...60%.

This would be a good compromise if the programmers don't wish to include the "max sab" toggle feature, but instead retain the ambiguity and suspense elements true to the essence of this game.
I was about to suggest this too. 20-30% probability of minimum saboteurs would be good. With option to use or not to use tweaked probability, of course.
Last edited by hanavesigoblin on 14 September 2018, 18:38, edited 1 time in total.
N_Faker

Post by N_Faker »

"7 players: 3 saboteurs and 5 gold-diggers"

So 3/8(37,5%) chance of being 2 sab and 5 digger, 5/8(62,5%) chance of being 3 sab and 4 digger.
uuganaa

Post by uuganaa »

would love to vote on this option
Wreckage

Post by Wreckage »

The more gold for 2 sabs against 5 diggers requires a way to make that happen at all player counts. An idea to implement this could be an additional 2 gold for saboteurs if saboteur is the role card not selected.

I think the best max sab implementation might be to have the same amount of role cards as players for 2 of the 3 rounds (or 1 of the 3 rounds), and the extra role card for the other round. But the round(s) with an extra card would be randomly selected. This way the percentage of rounds with only 2 sabs would be fewer.

If there were 3 sabs in the first round there would be no way to deduce whether that was a round with an extra role card or not. I hope I wrote this idea clear enough to understand.
Jesdebel

Post by Jesdebel »

BGA, cumulatively, you’ve had players whose experience is 7,500 that are requesting max sab option. If you add in the comments regarding additional gold, you have a culmination of 10,000 + games. Clearly the 2 sab option is not working as there are suggested fixes in both camps.
VitoDon

Post by VitoDon »

2 sabs are fine!
So long faith is sab :D:D:D:D:D:D:D
CricketVT

Post by CricketVT »

For those that think 2 sabs is fine: Wreckage's original suggestion doesn't take away your ability to have games that randomize 2/3 sabs. It just gives the many of us who want to have max sabs the option to select it. The same way table creators can choose visible gold or not.
Headhunterz

Max Sab Button and additional gold for 2v5

Post by Headhunterz »

Having a option to choose max Sabs seems to be really nice. Would appreciate that.
But i also think that there needs to be a change when you decide to play without max Sab. So the suggestion to get additonal gold in a 2v5 seems quite good.
chonti

Post by chonti »

I agree. In the end it would be just an option, if players dont want it they can ignore it.
lhexago

Post by lhexago »

i do not like (very very much) that solution, even if i understand why the question is asked.

having 2 or 3 sabs (in 7 players game) and find them is a part of the game. but having 2vs5 all the time is boring and much more if you are one of these sabs.

i would prefer that :
- diggers earn less when 2vs5 is won by diggers. all would have just one card 'gold' or they could win 1 gold by cad only (maybe too complicate)
- or there can be just one 2vs5 during the whole game.
- or just change the probability to have 2vs5.

-giving more options to sabs in a 2vs5 game would be nice but changes totally the "spirit" of the game.

but at least, i would not be upset if that solution would be implemented :P

:)

Return to “Saboteur”