Max Sabs option for Saboteur

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/#!bugs
kamatero13

Re: Max Sabs option for Saboteur

Post by kamatero13 »

This option make the game more fair. The only bad is the mystery is lost because you are sure about number of diggers and sabouters
Jesdebel

Post by Jesdebel »

Een wrote: 18 December 2018, 11:10 Dear diggers & sabs, Christmas is upons us!

I brought up the subject again with the designer, and he agreed to make this variant available and check the statistics later to evaluate the interest of the community in this option.

So you can print it in gold lettering in the next issue of the Sabbington Post! The Max Sabs option is now available :)

I'll give some feedback to the designer in about 2 months, with statistics about how much this variant is played, and your enthusiastic comments.

Keep up the Christmas spirit while digging & sabbing ;)

I wonder how the stats look? I would guess max sabs is staying. But, I’m curious.
Een

Post by Een »

Jesdebel wrote: 07 July 2019, 13:39 I wonder how the stats look? I would guess max sabs is staying. But, I’m curious.
On the last 2000 games played, 34% of Saboteur 1 games were played with that option, so it is appreciated :)
Jesdebel

Post by Jesdebel »

Een wrote: 09 July 2019, 11:33
Jesdebel wrote: 07 July 2019, 13:39 I wonder how the stats look? I would guess max sabs is staying. But, I’m curious.
On the last 2000 games played, 34% of Saboteur 1 games were played with that option, so it is appreciated :)
Wow, thanks for that info! Love the stats =)
KlaatuBaradaNicough

Post by KlaatuBaradaNicough »

It is very difficult for sabs to win "1 sab vs 4 diggers" or "2 sabs vs 5 diggers" game, especially in experienced tables.
Especially if the gold ends up being middle. Really gold mid vs top/bottom is a big enough difference where the game should probably be played with the middle goal card one slot further away, rather than in a straight line up and down from the other two, but good luck with that ever happening.
JusterGame

Post by JusterGame »

I can see much discussion and various suggestions, but am not sure what the final decisions were. Can someone please tell me what the "max sab" choice means in both versions - thanks.
Sorry Een - I may have posted this twice.

Return to “Saboteur”