Auto-start + spectators chat + many little things (May 8th update)

What's new on BGA ?
Deranged

Re: Auto-start + spectators chat + many little things (May 8th update)

Post by Deranged »

Romain672 wrote: 28 May 2020, 18:37
Deranged wrote: 28 May 2020, 10:16Why did you join a table if you had your own table going anyway?
Tell that to everyone on the auto lobby.
Deranged wrote: 28 May 2020, 10:16Doesn't that mean that if the not-your-table had started first, all the people loyally waiting at your-table would be ejected unceremoniously, rewarded for their patience with... nothing?
Exactly. If they want to start a game faster, they can start their own game too. It's how they decided to turn the lobby on my opinion.
But I'm not telling it to everyone in the auto-lobby; we are having this conversation. Joining two (or more) tables is something else then starting your own AND joining a table. And don;t you hide behind that "That's how the lobby works nowadays", that's just a hollow explanation of your own egoistic needs.

"Oh it's all bad now, so let's make it worse!"

I find that disgusting and reprehensible.

Good day, sir.
Romain672

Post by Romain672 »

Let's talk in mp, we are just not agree on that :(
sourisdudesert
Administrateur

Post by sourisdudesert »

sourisdudesert wrote: 27 May 2020, 10:35

We identified 2 issues on auto-start:
  • When playing with friends, if they accept too quickly you have no time to change the options.
  • When refusing a game, the lobby is freezing.
The 2 issues above has been fixed now.
aesche

Post by aesche »

Cool, thanks :)

Would it be an idea to not cancel all other open tables as soon as a table has full players reached and goes to the accept screen, but only when actually all players on such a table accepted the start?

If you‘re playing the abstract games without lots of ppl it‘s common to have many tables open, and if you then get all of them closed just for someone sitting down at one of these for a second and then cancels or leaves immediately, it‘s a bit annoying and a lot of work...

What do others think about this idea?
compte obelète

Post by compte obelète »

sourisdudesert wrote: 03 June 2020, 09:23 [quote=sourisdudesert post_id=59762 time=<a href="tel:1590572129" target="_parent">1590572129</a> user_id=2]

We identified 2 issues on auto-start:
  • When playing with friends, if they accept too quickly you have no time to change the options.
[/quote]

I have another issue, somebody have access to seven hotseats in a "solo" game even whiteout being premium, that is illegal.
ppsantos

Post by ppsantos »

I've noticed full tables don't autostart. At least with Sushi Go and 7 Wonders. Is there a time delay before auto starting or auto-start no longer works? Players have been leaving because full tables don't start
Ankeszu

Post by Ankeszu »

sourisdudesert wrote:
sourisdudesert wrote: We identified 2 issues on auto-start:
The freeze keeps happening - just not on the tab that was used to start the game. If I have 2 BGA tabs open, one for the game and the other on forum/group, autostart makes the non-game tab unusable withuot refresh... and that causes loosing already almost-typed comment or post, and all chat windows you had opened.

Return to “BGA release notes”