New trophy design

What's new on BGA ?
Otithes

Re: New trophy design

Post by Otithes »

So it looks like the trophies will stay the way they are now? That's too bad. It looks like someone started the job and didn't finish it.
Nessa

Post by Nessa »

Especially bothersome since there's the bug where when you hover over a tournament trophy while waiting at a table the icon still doesn't show up.
EmpressGeek

Post by EmpressGeek »

Yeah it's too bad that us piping up hasn't interested anyone. Some of the tournament organisers try to find cute themes and really pretty pictures to use on their trophies and they are all but invisiible now. 😢
Otithes

Post by Otithes »

20190812_110139.jpg
20190812_110139.jpg (223.54 KiB) Viewed 2140 times
Some of the tournament organisers try to find cute themes and really pretty pictures to use on their trophies and they are all but invisible now.
I'm one of those tournament organizers. I bought a premium subscription solely so I could create tournaments with pretty trophies.

Now when I start a game that I've won trophies for, I see a row of nondescript white trophy cups with a tiny picture on each one that has fallen off the "cup" part of the trophy, and is hanging on the stem. It looks ridiculous. See picture.

I've noticed a sharp drop in tournament participation, too. It's gotten hard to fill a tournament. Maybe this change is unrelated, I have no way to know. But I do know that many people join tournaments for the cool trophy images, and they just aren't cool anymore.

If nothing changes, I won't be renewing my subscription in the spring.
Caffe Latte

Post by Caffe Latte »

I also used to join tournaments to have that funny or beautiful badge.
There was time I was searching hard icons for my National Days tournaments, I even paid for some to authors. Not anymore since the icon is not seen (well, I stopped creating tournaments - no more fun).
sourisdudesert
Administrateur

Post by sourisdudesert »

You may have seen that the new awarding trophy screen is displaying trophies at a very big size. Tournaments icons are even larger than before.

Like this new screen, all the future screens are going to display larger trophies so this is also going to happend elsewhere.

And in addition, even with small trophies this is always possible to see the bigger version with the mouseover (except on the table page - see explanation in my previous post).
Otithes

Post by Otithes »

It seems you're not hearing what we are saying :?
EmpressGeek

Post by EmpressGeek »

@ Otithes and Caffe Latte
The fun part for me of joining a tournament was the prospect of getting the cool badges for my profile so thanks for trying to give us a nice experience. I know that some people could care less and are really after the competition and/or reputation but others of us are frivolous like that. :D As Otithes picture shows our profiles look very boring now. The images used to POP.

@ sourisdudesert
The trophies do not show up the images clearly. They appear like a dot or a blob. Even when you mouseover them on a desktop they are very fuzzy and appear very small in contrast to the big white empty space that is the trophy cup. I can't even recognize some of them. On a mobile you can't mouseover anything.
Sorry but the new design very...MEH. You're not thinking like a board gamer. 8-) We like collecting things. We like pretty things. Many of us have large game collections. All of us have at least once succumbed to trying out a game because of its looks. That trophy design is not attractive on any level. Needs work.

Return to “BGA release notes”