New BGA lobby Frequently Asked Questions

What's new on BGA ?
Nglob

Re: New BGA lobby Frequently Asked Questions

Post by Nglob »

I mostly like the changes, but would like an "expand all" to see all available tables of my favorite games, instead of having to click the table icon for each one.
Luq B1

Post by Luq B1 »

It was muuuuuch more confortable and enjoyable being able to see all the tables open from my favourite games instead of having to click on each game to see available tables. Baaad change to be honest...
dschingis27

Post by dschingis27 »

Nglob wrote: 12 September 2019, 13:36 I mostly like the changes, but would like an "expand all" to see all available tables of my favorite games, instead of having to click the table icon for each one.
This (hopefully) should be easy to implement and will probably shut down most of the complaints. For me, the fact you have to click on many games to see all tables is the only (valid) complain to the new lobby. Otherwise it's great and I thank the devs for the improvements.
Caninski_Jen

Post by Caninski_Jen »

A huge disadvantage .. when you create a table you cant invite people/suggest to invite.. this really sucks
Caninski_Jen

Post by Caninski_Jen »

Please vote, so we can see the people opinion

https://linkto.run/p/7XMON8DD
EllieK

Post by EllieK »

Luq B1 wrote: 12 September 2019, 14:17 It was muuuuuch more confortable and enjoyable being able to see all the tables open from my favourite games instead of having to click on each game to see available tables. Baaad change to be honest...
To an extent, I agree with Luq. I think the change is good, however, I'm missing an interface that helps me -- someone who plays many games.

I want to see what tables are available for the games I want to play. From my perspective, you've combined the 'old' top half of the interface, indicating which games I play, with the bottom half of the 'old' interface, indicating which of those games are currently awaiting a player. And in so doing you've hidden the more useful bottom half within the fairly useless list of games I play.

Maybe it will just take an adjustment period or maybe it's there and I don't know how to get to it.
Caninski_Jen

Post by Caninski_Jen »

Luq B1 wrote: 12 September 2019, 14:17 It was muuuuuch more confortable and enjoyable being able to see all the tables open from my favourite games instead of having to click on each game to see available tables. Baaad change to be honest...
I totally agree with you luq..
EllieK

Post by EllieK »

Actually, now that I have found the 'small icon' setting and can shrink the icons, all that is needed is a color cue for open games. When I'm looking at the list of games I play, indicate games awaiting a player with a border that stands out from the standard blue borders. I can can quickly, visually scan that list, which is all that is missing.

Or, even simpler, just sort those games to the top of the list!
OFFLlNE

Post by OFFLlNE »

90% of time I use BGA for turn-based tournaments.

And now the view of all open turn-based games has been lost from the main menu and replayed with the yellow alert bar at the top with the games in progress.

IMO this is very uncomfortable, because before you could clearly see if there is a table where it is your turn, but now you would actually have to read what is written on the yellow bar - for example "Your turn-based games: 1 in progress". Which I honestly don't care and would like to see in the main menu.

So really hope that something will be done to show the yellow bar ONLY when it is your turn and display turn based tourneys in the main menu as well (play now as before)
Jest Phulin

Post by Jest Phulin »

It would be nice if the display for suggested games could be changed to the small/medium icons as well.

I happen to really like the grouping by game -- allows me to be able to find my one move per day tables easier than scrolling down the list, trying to recognize the game I want, and then checking the move options on it.

Return to “BGA release notes”