New BGA lobby Frequently Asked Questions

What's new on BGA ?
JCase16

Re: New BGA lobby Frequently Asked Questions

Post by JCase16 »

Also, nice job reacting quickly and getting collapse all/expand all into the display settings! Super nice to see you reacting to the communities wishes. As a side note, I feel if you had done a test with say 100 active players that usually play realtime and turn based games then you could have had a lot of the suggestions that have been made before releasing and getting yelled at by 100's of ornery people lol. Again, I like the changes so it's not me but I hate that your good work is being attacked because you genuinely are trying to make this better. Thank you for the work you are doing.
liefde_is

Post by liefde_is »

The good thing of the new lobby is that games stay in the same position, it's easier to click on one. The greatest disadvancement is that I have to scroll al lot to see which games have open tables. I'm a player who likes many games (I currently play 80 different games on BGA) and now I see them all 80, also when there is no open table. And especcialy with the not so popular games which i like a lot (castles of carrera, penny press, eruption) I'd like to see if there are players willing to play those games (if a table is opened)
Is there a way to only see the games with opened tables?
krayez

Post by krayez »

How do we expel players now? I have someone at my table that doesn't hit the START button. So I can't get my table to start. I used to expel them and a new player would join.
JCase16

Post by JCase16 »

liefde_is wrote: 13 September 2019, 18:44 The good thing of the new lobby is that games stay in the same position, it's easier to click on one. The greatest disadvancement is that I have to scroll al lot to see which games have open tables. I'm a player who likes many games (I currently play 80 different games on BGA) and now I see them all 80, also when there is no open table. And especcialy with the not so popular games which i like a lot (castles of carrera, penny press, eruption) I'd like to see if there are players willing to play those games (if a table is opened)
Is there a way to only see the games with opened tables?
ooohhh.... Good suggestion. a display option to see just open tables would be awesome.
Sergioreboot

Post by Sergioreboot »

FAIL. This update is a FAIL. Old lobby better, why do you have to change the things, if something works, don't change.
i'm not paying for this anymore...
Black Lioness

Post by Black Lioness »

It's nice that you make changes and develop bga. I have one remark: the window for creating a new table is pointless, it is large and takes up a lot of space. One small "create new table" button would suffice, then the lobby would be more readable.
HawaiiPlayer

Post by HawaiiPlayer »

I don`t like this lobbies, I like old!
I very like old lobbie, they are smart, simple and beauty.

Why you change lobbie, better, if you add new game!
Caninski_Jen

Post by Caninski_Jen »

sighs.. how annoying is this?

when you create a table: numbers of people are available for this game

you cant see the list ... how can you invite people?

Do you really have to be friends with everyone?

To be honest this makes it look a bit stupid
sestra

Post by sestra »

I miss the option to invite people to games. If there were people annoyed with getting suggestions, a better solution to the problem would have been to give an option to disable suggest notifications. There was no need to get rid of it altogether.
Gooorn

Post by Gooorn »

I have too many games and the game boxes are way too big!

We introduced a new "display options" menu on the top right corner of your "Preferred games". You can choose between "large", "medium" or "small" icons.

The "small icons" mode has been designed for those of you who are playing a lot of different games on BGA. The space taken by each element has been optimized, to provide you the most efficient way to find the perfect table.

Why did you removed the "suggest table to player" feature?

We didn't remove it.

After you open a table, you can click on "X available players", and then display the list of available players.

These two answers made the new lobby quite friendly for me. Thanks.

Return to “BGA release notes”