A new lobby for BGA

What's new on BGA ?
Czochrun

Re: A new lobby for BGA

Post by Czochrun »

It's ok but why these icons are sooooo big?
firexed

Post by firexed »

Seems the "Games in progress" drop down isn't there any more ?
Raul4ever

Post by Raul4ever »

One of the worst ideas ever. Give us an option to use the old design if we can. I do like to play some of the other games I know occassionally depending on if a table is open or not. I don't want to scroll to that game and keep checking if a table is open or not. I am going to quit this website for a while if this is permanently implemented.
dschingis27

Post by dschingis27 »

This is a great update! (I only play real-time games.) The interface is clearer than before and the feature to join several tables simulaneously is great. I don't understand why everyone seemed to like to scroll through all the tables. You can even do it now and it is way more intuitive, join a table you like and then look for other tables you like.

I think that most guys who are complaining haven't found out about all the features of the new layout yet.

Just one suggestion: Make a prominent "Big/Small Icons" button for the games on the lobby page.
And make more prominent that you can join several tables at once!
eoc

Post by eoc »

I might have a few more comments later on, but for now here's a simple suggestion: when the player is already a premium member, could you perhaps hide the premium-icon next to each such game in the presentation. It's more distracting than anything else, and while I am able to hide it myself with custom CSS, many players particularly on mobile won't be ;) Thanks!

(This also goes for the global navigation bar item and the various other places where "please support us" is displayed to the actual supporters)
Raul4ever

Post by Raul4ever »

Atleast list the games which you play with tables available at the top of the list. Why is it only based on name, popularity and recently played. Overall, a terrible idea
vergisses

Post by vergisses »

Das ist Ansichtssache denke ich !
guile

Post by guile »

Ouch...
not seeing the actually "on site" players is a big big minus :( . Pretty hard to look for someone like that.
Trust you to both :
* bring some new functionnalities, change things
* but do not kill functionnality :)
Pour ne plus perdre, il faut devenir meilleur. Pour cela : il faut perdre.
Benito Lynch

Post by Benito Lynch »

Excellent changes, thank you very much for your work.
SmilingFlo

Post by SmilingFlo »

How can we still invite people to games?

In terms of changes, you use to give us the option for old layouts and new ones. I personally sticked to the old one as it was easier to create table of different levels, and because you could see all the tables open and pick up the one that was about to start regardless of the game. Were they really that many people that prefer the new layout?

It makes it more difficult to see the games available as you have to extend all game sections where a party is registered for....

And not all changes are good changes.. Not knowing how many people are interested in playing a game and currently online used to be a good indicator when selecting the game to play... :-)

Return to “BGA release notes”