New "replay" features

What's new on BGA ?
sourisdudesert
Administrateur

Re: New "replay" features

Post by sourisdudesert »

We did not remove any functions, we just reorganized them.

Click on the latest "go to" button on the top and you'll get a menu with "go to move".
diamant

Post by diamant »

The most used function (Go to move #x) must be directly accessible as before. Its relegation within a menu is incomprehensible.

It would be especially a clear progress if you could eliminate from the entire BGA site the uncontrollable pop-up windows that blur the underlying information.
sourisdudesert
Administrateur

Post by sourisdudesert »

diamant wrote: 14 December 2019, 11:58 The most used function (Go to move #x) must be directly accessible as before. Its relegation within a menu is incomprehensible.
The most used functions were "play a move" and "back to start", so we made them directly available. We had many new features to this menu so we had to reorganize it and make it more clear, which is the case now.
diamant

Post by diamant »

sourisdudesert wrote: 14 December 2019, 12:28The most used functions were "play a move" and "back to start", so we made them directly available.
"back to start" was mainly used to fix the most important bugs of the replay :

1) the replay was not started at the beginning of a game, but at the first move of the selected player
2) when the function "Go to move #x" was used, the replay would generate an error message when the move number was inferior to the current move number. The return to the start was therefore a mandatory step to go back.

If you have fixed these bugs, the button "back to start" does not have much use anymore, especially if the function "Go to move #x" is directly accessible since "Goto move 0" is equivalent to going to the start.
So I think you are deliberately seeking to limit the use of the function "Go to move #x".
sourisdudesert
Administrateur

Post by sourisdudesert »

diamant wrote: 14 December 2019, 16:07 So I think you are deliberately seeking to limit the use of the function "Go to move #x".
We are deliberately killing our own service.

:D :D :D :D
diamant

Post by diamant »

sourisdudesert wrote: 14 December 2019, 17:30We are deliberately killing our own service.
I didn’t say that. It may be appropriate to limit the frequency of access to resource-intensive features.

The replay is greatly improved by your modifications, considering the time needed to visualize a sequence of moves. However, I don’t like the new interface: to avoid multiplying the buttons, it was enough to add a checkbox to switch to fast mode.
Romain672

Post by Romain672 »

I find counter intuitive to have the 'go to turn X' into the 'go to end of game'.

Would it be possible to change that button (on the second menu) to something like 'others options'?
Cullich

Post by Cullich »

Romain672 wrote: 21 December 2019, 03:14 I find counter intuitive to have the 'go to turn X' into the 'go to end of game'.

Would it be possible to change that button (on the second menu) to something like 'others options'?
I have to agree with this. It would never have occurred to me to look in "go to end of game" to find "go to turn x." Turn x isn't the end of the game. That makes zero sense. No one is going to find that unless they just look through literally everything and stumble upon it, because there isn't any logic to it. It's like looking under Z in the dictionary to find a word starting with L or S or something.

Can't speak of anyone else, but "go to turn x" is absolutely what I use most, and this is just incomprehensible to me.
Mogan100

Post by Mogan100 »

Very often hearts don't start the players walk away and ignore me some give punishment I have so few players left
Romain672

Post by Romain672 »

Anyway, having an url different when you click on 'advanced option' then on 'goes to end game' then 'goes on a specific move' is really nice for talk about a specific situation without being forced to tell the move to start replay, the move to check, and the person.
(+the fact it goes way faster now :D)

Return to “BGA release notes”