Increasing the capacity of Board Game Arena

What's new on BGA ?
JuliusSart

Re: Increasing the capacity of Board Game Arena

Post by JuliusSart »

In just few days you have gone from 9k to 16k. That's close to double the capacity. My hat's off! Great Job. :shock:
GabrielArce

Post by GabrielArce »

Already at capacity 16k for online users (only 9k playing)
Pls add more!
sourisdudesert
Administrateur

Post by sourisdudesert »

At now we are blocked at 16.000.

Over 16.000 simultaneous players, our current lobby is having some issues.

We are working on solving these issues, but this is not an easy thing. To compare with a building renovation: what we need to do this is to redesign the building, and not to only to change the windows.

To speak concretely: this is useless to add more servers, we need to change the way the lobby algorithm is working.

The solution to this problem is not obvious, but we aim to solve it as soon as possible. It may take some days, although.

Thanks for your patience.
asd123321

Post by asd123321 »

It takes 12 clicks and page transmits to start 4 games, Create, Open, Back. I am constantly
reopening games with people joining and not starting. This has got to be slowing things down
1. When we have a number if games Open, don't shut them down until everyone has hit accept on 1.

2. After 1 game as finished reopen the others automatically that we had previously had Open.

3. Have where we can start a number of games from the Lobby without additional clicks or change
of page views.
thetickathon

Post by thetickathon »

konigsberg wrote: 18 March 2020, 22:36 Good luck. I specifically got a premium account to provide some financial support, and I encourage some of these thousands of users who might not be paying for a premium account to do the same.
Yep. Also upgraded to premium for the same reason.
sourisdudesert
Administrateur

Post by sourisdudesert »

UPDATE

The capacity is now 18.000 simultaneous players.

We briefly go up to 19.000 players today, but encounter a problem we need to solve to go further.
german_psycho

Post by german_psycho »

Will there be reserved slots for premium users?

As of today, on a weekday I already see 16k players online. I think that at weekend this number will dramatically increase.

So, maybe I should tell my teammates to get an premium account, if we are planning for a game on saturday evening.
sourisdudesert
Administrateur

Post by sourisdudesert »

Our final goal is to host everyone.

We increased the capacity from 5000 simultaneous players to 18.000. Hopefully we'll extend it again in the next days.

When we are reaching the limit, we only authorize Premium players to log in. This way we make sure that the service is always available for Premiums.
Lud45

Post by Lud45 »

Wow! :o Passer de 5000 à 18'000 en quelques semaines, belle réactivité!
J'espère que vous avez suffisamment de nouveau membre premium pour payé ces nouveaux serveurs.
J’espère aussi que la situation est une rampe de lancement pour vous et que les joueurs resterons membres même après la fin de cet aventure.

Je n'ai fait que 3 parties et j'ai trouvé ça super! C'est simple et efficace, plein d'aide mémoire si on ne se souvient pas des icônes. Je me suis mit premium dès le lendemain ;) Vraiment beau travail! Beau catalogue aussi!

Continuer votre bon travail!

Lud45
SilentControl

Post by SilentControl »

konigsberg wrote: 18 March 2020, 22:36 Good luck. I specifically got a premium account to provide some financial support, and I encourage some of these thousands of users who might not be paying for a premium account to do the same.
Same, I rejoined after almost a 5 year hiatus and thought, now is the time to pay back for all those games played.

Return to “BGA release notes”