Fairy Monolith - "discard"

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/#!bugs
Boringa

Fairy Monolith - "discard"

Post by Boringa »

I was really confused when Fairy Monolith prompted me to "Discard selected". I'd probably go with "Set selected aside", "Place selected on reserve", "Reserve selected", "Store selected" etc., depending on the character limitation.

The game has mechanics that include discarding energy, so I thought for a second I might lose energy, despite of what the card says.

(I don't think this is a bug, but if it is, I'm sorry to post this here)
N_Faker

Re: Fairy Monolith - "discard"

Post by N_Faker »

"Discard selected" is also used for any other energy discard prompts, if I remember correctly.

So to change this a new string will have to be added.
Boringa

Post by Boringa »

My first attempt was trying to click the energy, then clicking the card itself.

Maybe "Confirm selection" would make for a better, more generic string, then. Like: "You need to discard 1 energy token. [Confirm selection]" and so on.
N_Faker

Post by N_Faker »

Dunno, I don't know where else it is used. Changing it to a generic confirm button may interfere with other prompts.
Boringa

Post by Boringa »

Well, what I'm saying is that it's worth checking out, because the prompt on the button as it is now is giving wrong information. All the times when I'm prompted to discard, there's an explanation that makes it clear that I have to discard, and then there's the button "Discard selected". Adding a string shouldn't be too hard, either. Better than prompting the player to do something wrong.

Return to “Seasons”