Infinite loop

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/#!bugs
Frances Farmer

Infinite loop

Post by Frances Farmer »

In this game I played I made it to develop the infinite loop...I am posting this for those who are curious ...the other player didn't even concede...he abandoned :)

https://it.boardgamearena.com/#!table?table=40371867
N_Faker

Re: Infinite loop

Post by N_Faker »

Progression was at 40%. He couldn't concede.
diamant

Post by diamant »

Hello,
Infinite loops pose a practical problem : you must interrupt them to be able to win the game with a reasonable playing time. Because a game must end normally so that all players can develop their game and be ranked.
My first idea was to limit the number of points that can be earned in a round. However, if two or more players have developped an "infinite loop" strategy, a maximum number of points earned during a round would not necessarily make it possible to win the one who deserves it the most.
So, my second idea is to limit the number of actions of a player during his round. This number could be fixed (50 for instance) or calculated based on the level of the summoning gauge or other criteria (for instance, 4×summoning gauge+20).

How do you feel about that?
Schtitn

Post by Schtitn »

N_Faker wrote: 16 May 2018, 18:21 Progression was at 40%. He couldn't concede.
He didn't concede, he leave.

@diamant
Did you designed it or played it ?
I fund this one and also played the infinite loop with 2 shield of zira and dragon soul.
I don't find any matter with infinite loop :
- time limit is made for playing at BGA ; IRL = no matter, opponent concede.
- if you end your turn your opponent can find a may to break it so i think your problem about limit of points or actions is pointless and unfair.
- you can make enough points in one turn to end the game
- cards involve in infinite loop can't be own by both players
Jest Phulin

Post by Jest Phulin »

Schtitn wrote: 29 May 2019, 21:29
N_Faker wrote: 16 May 2018, 18:21 Progression was at 40%. He couldn't concede.
He didn't concede, he leave.

Precisely N_Faker's point: If the option to concede was available, the opponent most likely would have taken it. However, the option to concede is only available once progression is over 50%.
diamant

Post by diamant »

Jest Phulin wrote: 29 May 2019, 21:48Precisely N_Faker's point: If the option to concede was available, the opponent most likely would have taken it. However, the option to concede is only available once progression is over 50%.
It is not the point that is the problem. If a player from one of my Seasons games operates an infinite loop, I would never leave the game and never give up. This player can play continuously for 24 hours if he likes, that’s not my problem. The important thing is to finish the game normally so that all players can be ranked for a correct calculation of ELO points.
Schtitn

Post by Schtitn »

It's up to you not giving up, i totally understand.
Sometimes time saving and humility are another way for victory...
Your opponent will make enough points to win and let the game ends.
What the matter ?

Return to “Seasons”