Crystal Orb

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/#!bugs
diamant

Crystal Orb

Post by diamant »

Hello,

I recently bought a box of Seasons in French and this is the french text of the card Crystal Orb :

Orbe de Cristal
**, Regardez la première carte de la pioche : reposez-la ou défaussez 4 énergies pour la mettre en jeu gratuitement.
**, défaussez 3 cristaux : mettez la première carte de la pioche dans la défausse.

With the first effect, you can put in play a card from the draw for free. This card is not summoned, so no summoning effect is triggered. I have just corrected the french text of the card.
So, a person who owns this game in English would be requested to perform the appropriate corrective actions (see bug #1911: "Staff of Spring + Crystal Orb did not work" ).
Liallan

Re: Crystal Orb

Post by Liallan »

I own the game, but since it's a meaning change it has to be reported through the bugs, and I don't really see any appropriate option with which to report this.

So here's the original English on the card and someone else can deal with it.

**look at the first card of the draw pile: discard 4 energy tokens to put it into play for free or put it back on top of the draw pile.
**discard 3 crystals: put the first card of the draw pile into the discard pile.

(Italics is what needs fixed cause it should not say "summon" as that word is important for the rules.)
diamant

Re: Crystal Orb

Post by diamant »

Liallan wrote: 12 May 2019, 08:22I own the game, but since it's a meaning change it has to be reported through the bugs, and I don't really see any appropriate option with which to report this.
Thank you for your help. The english text of the card Crystal Orb, translated by BGA on July 24th 2012 at 7:49 pm, is currently :

**, Look at the first card of the draw pile: discard 4 energy tokens to summon it for free or put it back on top of the draw pile.
**, Discard 3 crystals to put the first card of the draw pile into the discard pile.

This text probably corresponds to the text of the card of the first edition of the game. You can propose to modify this text in the translation pages (english to english). Now, it is the 3rd string in the 6th page for Seasons. Since you are the source of the information, I think it is preferable that you do that request yourself.

Return to “Seasons”