Triple Transmutation Bonus

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/#!bugs
OubaBibu

Triple Transmutation Bonus

Post by OubaBibu » 27 June 2019, 10:36

I am writing about this to interrogate the Community about triple transmutation that has been enabled for several months now whereas it was not possible before.

If you read the rules, there is Nothing very clear about the way it would work if you use the transmute bonus 3 times in a row during the same turn.
Who chose to change the rule here on BGA? And why did it change? Was the author consulted on this?

I am pointing this because this has strongly affected the way people play.
The combo is more powerful than the stupid Amsug+Temporal boots combo.
There are a lot of interesting combos but there is often a way to deal with them, anticipate them and at least try to make your way through the game another way so that the final score remains tight and unpredictable.
Triple transmutation strategies are most of the times unstoppable and the problem is that there are a lot of ways to set them up, when you have one efficient first pick.

Consequently, you happen to play many turns with the opponent doing nothing waiting winter/spring of last year to triple transmute and score 200 points in the same round. I think that makes the game quite boring whereas the good thing in this game is that there are often many ways to turn back things with an appropriate strategy.

OubaBibu

Re: Triple Transmutation Bonus

Post by OubaBibu » 27 June 2019, 14:26

Thanks N_Faker, that is bad :D

diamant

Post by diamant » 29 June 2019, 15:59

OubaBibu wrote:
27 June 2019, 10:36
If you read the rules, there is Nothing very clear about the way it would work if you use the transmute bonus 3 times in a row during the same turn.
If I read the rules, I find page 8 :
Important note: A player can only use a maximum of three bonuses during
a game. They can use the same bonus three times or use different
bonuses each time. They can use all three during the same round or during
different rounds.
This text is perfectly clear about using the transmute bonus 3 times in a row.

CB Droege

Post by CB Droege » 02 July 2019, 13:50

I would not have assumed from that rule, though, that the transmute bonus stacks.

diamant

Post by diamant » 02 July 2019, 15:43

CB Droege wrote:
02 July 2019, 13:50
I would not have assumed from that rule, though, that the transmute bonus stacks.
What? A player don't use the transmute bonus three times in a row only to lose 15 crystals more at the end of the game? How it is strange!

In the FAQ v4.2 (in French) :
Q : Plusieurs bonus de cristallisation se cumulent-ils ?
R : Oui.
(I suppose this FAQ also exists in English).

Return to “Seasons”