Optional settings I would appreciate

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/#!bugs
FabWolf

Optional settings I would appreciate

Post by FabWolf »

I think that in comparison to the real game experience the bga Hearts game is a bit ruined by the way the ratings are given in the end of the game. The cooperation between players is very little because players tend not to target the leader but are focused in trying to avoid points or give them to whatever player. I think it would be good to have an optional setting to give all the points to the winner or at least have less difference between 2nd 3rd and 4th place.
It would also help to avoid these weird game dynamics and to make last tricks of the game a little more significant, enabling the optional rule that shooting the moon leaves to the shooter the option to gain 26 points instead of just subtracting them to the other 3 players
lovedabikes

Re: Optional settings I would appreciate

Post by lovedabikes »

Interesting thoughts, What happened to the Jack as -11 points? I had played that Variant, which changes things up cause people are trying to get the Jack but not get the Queen. You do get games that the player gets both so only up by 2.
Beorn

Re: Optional settings I would appreciate

Post by Beorn »

Agrred. There is no Cooperation because people still gain points for taking second place. I have seen people shoot the moon at the end to take second place so they do not get last place points or even for third. The ELO points needs to be revamped. One way would be to make only 2 levels of points. First place gets the win and second through fourth place all get a second place. This would force people to play a true game of hearts and try to win instead of play a poor game and force a game end for a second or third. Yuck, horrible play at the tables because of this and no true ability represented by ELO rating.

Return to “Hearts”