automatic endplay

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/#!bugs
actaion

automatic endplay

Post by actaion »

Hey, I would suggest that the moves are made automatically once the game is fully decided (i.e. as soon as there is no possible interaction anymore as each player has it's own regions safe).

I've had several games, in which the game was actuaally decided after 3 to 6 turns, but then you have to play on for another 10 to 12 moves over several days even though there are no choices and no possible changes of outcome anymore. That's pretty annoying.
Another solution would be, that each player can make all his remaining moves at once in teh described situations, which would be nearly as quick in a turn-based game.
Brunoeam19

Re: automatic endplay

Post by Brunoeam19 »

That's why I don't play this game anymore.
actaion

Post by actaion »

but it's could be solved. why not put a button under the game "start quick play" and if all players agree, now everybody can make all his remaining moves at once.
AndrewLSmith84

Post by AndrewLSmith84 »

actaion wrote: 28 August 2020, 16:30 but it's could be solved. why not put a button under the game "start quick play" and if all players agree, now everybody can make all his remaining moves at once.
This is an excellent idea.
JonHack

Post by JonHack »

I've been thinking of something similar. It'd be nice if the game would auto-detect if open areas have tiles with stacks of sheep > 1 but only from the same player. If that's the case then they could automatically play and spread out those stacks, but only within that open area. If they want to send some out to a different adjacent area then they'd have to skip their remaining free moves.

This could also potentially lead to a better tie breaker. If multiple players have the same number of connected tiles then whoever played theirs out first could win.
nccc

Post by nccc »

Is this made into a vote for it?
:)

Return to “Battle Sheep”