Recently we improved the following :
- When playing a tournament game, you have by default a view on the tournament page during the game, just below your game in progress. This view can be refreshed, and give you an overview of the tournament in progress when you are playing a tournament game.
- When you quit a tournament game, you are now redirected to the tournament page instead of the game lobby, so you can check the latest results, see what your next game will be, and so on.
- To join a tournament for a given game, you now need to reach 100 ELO.
The latest change confuse some of you some here's are some words of explanation :
- With the new ELO update, players below 100 ELO are "apprentice" that cannot lose ELO. Only 2-4 victories are needed to reach 100 ELO, and you cannot go below afterwards.
- With this change, we avoid the situation where a player register on BGA, then register on all tournaments, then leave BGA forever. This should not be allowed.
- In addition, we want to have a reward for you when you reach 100 ELO, and this reward is that now you are a "competitive player" who can participate to tournament. By the way, even in real life you don't participate to tournaments before having played some games ...
However, some of you ask to organize tournaments for some specific players (ex : friends) who may be beginners/apprentice, so we changed the following today :
- Tournament creators can always join a tournament they've created whatever the restrictions.
- Those who are invited by a tournament creator to join a tournament can always join a tournament whatever the restrictions.
Our plan for the rest of the year are for example :
- To upgrade the visibility and prestige of some tournaments that respect some criteria (in particular : created soon enough so everyone can knows about it), by giving them an "official" badge.
- Latest official tournaments winners will have a dedicated "hall of fame" section for each game.
- 3+ games tournaments.