Tournaments organization / Organisation des tournois
Lithanial

Re: Seasons Archmage League

Post by Lithanial »

I will join if there is still room.
MadManMoon

Post by MadManMoon »

Lithanial wrote:I will join if there is still room.
You're in! :)
Sorsi

Post by Sorsi »

how long this tournament gonna take?
MadManMoon

Post by MadManMoon »

If you want to know when the League will end, well, I hope it will last forever. :mrgreen:
If someone wants to leave the League after one or two editions, it's ok for us. :) He/she just need to restart from the last Division, if he/she wants to rejoin us lately.

If you want to know how long a single tournament will last... Uhm, 6 games in swiss system... I hope it will take no more than a month, but it isn't sure.

After this first edition, we'll make another or we'll stop for Summer holydays. On September, we'll restart with the 2nd or 3rd edition. ;)
MadManMoon

Post by MadManMoon »

We are 35 players!
So, 3 divisions are almost full. But you can still join us until tomorrow. ;)
If there will be more than 36 players, the Third Division will be a little larger than the other two.
agentlik

Post by agentlik »

I think if we have 40 players or more you can divided 3rd Division into 2 group - 3A and 3B. And then winners of group will be promoted to 2nd division/ Runners and 9th and 10th in 2nd Division can play play-off round robin or Swiss tournament for 2 places in 2nd Division.

It helps to avoid creation of 4th Division or too big Third Division.

And you can do the same with 3rd and 4th + 9th and 10th of each Division, because 4 players for relegation is too big, isn't it?
MadManMoon

Post by MadManMoon »

Well, making two groups for the Third Division is an idea (if we are more than 40 players), but I don't like playoff idea because it will brings more games, more tournaments and everything will go slowly. People usually like easy things :mrgreen:
4 relegations aren't few, but I think it's good to have a dynamic system, with lots of changes every season. ;)

In this moment, we have 14 players in Third Division. With other 2 players, I can think about two 8-players groups, with 2 promotions for Second Division. :)
Vangoce

Post by Vangoce »

Hello MadManMoon :)
I joined :D
coukie74

Post by coukie74 »

I would like to join you but only if the tournament is in " turn by turn " (not in real time)
Thanks a lot !!! 8-)
tonyblixa

Post by tonyblixa »

If its turnbased: can i join?

Return to “Tournaments / Les tournois”