Additional Hive tournament options

Tournaments organization / Organisation des tournois
Pseudomonas

Additional Hive tournament options

Post by Pseudomonas »

Would it be possible to ask for option in tournaments where you could play with player twice? (both black and white pieces)
RobertBr

Re: Additional Hive tournament options

Post by RobertBr »

I think that would be a valuable alternative format for Hive and some other games. But even though I am a Hive player and set up tournaments I would rank it below a round variant that allows more than ten people to play a round-robin style tournament, and a beta-test of a tournament format that allows multi-player games (its dissapointing not to be able to play Carcassonne or Love Letter in a tournament).
Pseudomonas

Post by Pseudomonas »

Since Hive community is not that small, I believe we could ask somehow for improvements in tournament options;))
RobertBr

Post by RobertBr »

The admins have answered on a previous post. They are amenable to the idea but the practical difficulties are substantial and they have only limited amounts of development time.
The size of the community is of some importance but most players do not pay (I do, and it was principally so that I could create tournaments).

Community pressure is not always a good thing. The visual display used to be more attractive (not the ugly point vertical arrangement) but was changed because of community pressure.
Pseudomonas

Post by Pseudomonas »

I raised a question not only for Hive comunity. I believe the same questions arises in most two player abstract games ( like chess).
Pseudomonas

Post by Pseudomonas »

I found the answer you mention. Position is clear now;]

Return to “Tournaments / Les tournois”