prestige boosting

Tournaments organization / Organisation des tournois
-Nintendo-

prestige boosting

Post by -Nintendo- » 15 February 2019, 20:15

how it can be tournament of keyflower on 2 players and 4500 of prestige, where one of the players has elo 2, it is just boosting of prestige points i think, watch on this https://en.boardgamearena.com/#!tournament?id=26912
so why it is possible at all starting tournaments with 2 people. They can just play a game out of tournament. This is ridiculous. I saw it's not first tournament like this, with same 2 players: Hakan and berat :| :| :roll:

RicardoRix

Re: prestige boosting

Post by RicardoRix » 15 February 2019, 22:19

busted!

Grey Lord

Post by Grey Lord » 19 August 2019, 07:23

Is there a formula available how many prestige points will be awarded per tournament?
I find it very broken. For example, now I saw one tournament with two players for 6050 points, while the same type of tournament in another game with 4 players (including 3 of the top 20) for 217 points.
Is there any limit what you can get from the same game tournaments?

sprockitz

Post by sprockitz » 20 August 2019, 22:26

there are significant issues with prestige from tournaments and it's been around for years and unfortunately doesn't seem to be a priority :-( (I hope they fix it retroactively when they finally get around to it).
Grey Lord wrote:
19 August 2019, 07:23
Is there a formula available how many prestige points will be awarded per tournament?
I find it very broken. For example, now I saw one tournament with two players for 6050 points, while the same type of tournament in another game with 4 players (including 3 of the top 20) for 217 points.
Is there any limit what you can get from the same game tournaments?
No formula has been published but I've managed to figure a bit out:

Each game has a base value which is based on how long a game takes (longer games are worth more prestige, difficulty could also be a factor here, not exactly sure).

Each player contributes a certain amount to a tournament based on the player's Elo range (average/good/strong/expert/master) and the prestige roughly quadruples for each rank they advance. So a 701 rated player provides four times the prestige of a 699 rated player.

The prestige is multiplied by number of rounds scheduled for the tournaments...so a Swiss scheduled for 20 rounds would be double the prestige of a 10 round Swiss or 4 times the prestige of a 32 player single elimination (5 rounds). This is whether or not the tournament actually takes that many rounds...thus a 2 player Swiss tournament will only take 1 round but provides 20x the prestige because it was scheduled for 20 rounds.

Return to “Tournaments / Les tournois”