Remove a player who does not exist anymore from a tournament

Tournaments organization / Organisation des tournois
iliz sera

Remove a player who does not exist anymore from a tournament

Post by iliz sera » 13 October 2019, 16:11

Hello all, I have a question:

Recently I created a tournament in The Builders: Middle Ages: https://boardgamearena.com/tournament?id=35072

Among the players registered to this tournament till now, there is one player - Rakau Kaitiaki - which has deleted his account some days ago. As a result, when the tournament starts, all the games with him will be neutralized and players receive a free victory for that. However, personally I don't like this. It is unfair to leave a spot for a player who does not exist anymore and take away chance to play from one other. Therefore, I want to ask, is there any possible way to remove that player out of this tournament?

In the future, perhaps I think the creator of tournament might have the power to kick out a player from the tournament they created - but with responsible reason, like in my case. This is also my suggestion as well.

Hope to hear a solution as soon as possible. Regards!

iliz sera

P/S: If any moderator of BGA read this topic, I hope that you guys will be aware of this player. I know him - he is from India (most of the times he set his nation as India, sometimes Thailand, UK too, but normally India), he spams the ranking of Solo, Apocalypse Zoo and The Builders: Middle Ages. He often joins tournament then deletes account so that no one can play with him.

iliz sera

Re: Remove a player who does not exist anymore from a tournament

Post by iliz sera » 14 October 2019, 18:24

As usual that guy comes back with another account, spamming Solo, Apocalypse and The Builders: Middle Ages ranking. He joins my tournament again then getting deactivated soon. Any admin or moderator? Please have a look at top 10 of Solo players and see how many of them have been deactivated/blocked?

https://boardgamearena.com/player?id=85266185

RicardoRix

Re: Remove a player who does not exist anymore from a tournament

Post by RicardoRix » 18 October 2019, 19:06

If each account is verified by an email address, then it could be possible to block the email address from making new accounts after being banned.

Return to “Tournaments / Les tournois”