Round Robin turn based question

Tournaments organization / Organisation des tournois
TheWizaard

Round Robin turn based question

Post by TheWizaard »

In a Round Robin Turn Based (not live) tournament, do all the player's games begin simultaneously, or is it one game after another? For example, if there are 5 people in the Round Robin tournament, when I start will I be presented right away with 4 games to play? Or will I be presented with 1 game in the tournament, and once that is completed I will be given the next game? I think we're going to have 10 people in a tournament but I'm worried people will be overwhelmed if they are presented with all their possible matches at once. Thanks for your help!
Lotus Blossom

Re: Round Robin turn based question

Post by Lotus Blossom »

Unfortunately, they all start at the same time. I got caught out with this once, and it put me off playing the game for a while!
TheWizaard

Post by TheWizaard »

That was my guess, thanks for the reply! I think I need to just do a Swiss style tournament instead.
Daavids

Post by Daavids »

TheWizaard wrote: 25 April 2020, 16:34 In a Round Robin Turn Based (not live) tournament, do all the player's games begin simultaneously, or is it one game after another? For example, if there are 5 people in the Round Robin tournament, when I start will I be presented right away with 4 games to play? Or will I be presented with 1 game in the tournament, and once that is completed I will be given the next game? I think we're going to have 10 people in a tournament but I'm worried people will be overwhelmed if they are presented with all their possible matches at once. Thanks for your help!
It is possible to create a Round Robin tournament where rounds start in different days. I made few tournaments where there 3 or 2 games per round. Each round after 5 days.

Read TOURNAMENT AGENDA, there you wil see - if there are no other dates than just when tournament starts, then all games opens on first day
TheWizaard

Post by TheWizaard »

Oh, I didn’t see TOURNAMENT AGENDA, thanks that’s helpful!

Return to “Tournaments / Les tournois”