Carcassonne River Picnic series

Tournaments organization / Organisation des tournois
Robo65

Carcassonne River Picnic series

Post by Robo65 »

Hello,

I am hosting the River Picnic tournament series, and I'd like to give an overview about the current standings.

River Picnic is a round robin tournament, with a playing time of 30 days. This gives the players plenty of time to finish their games (the occasional exception proves the rule...). Players with expert levels cannot participate. It shall be a picnic, not a carnage...

I am ranking those tournaments in the same way as the qualification tournaments for the german championship: Winning a tournament gives 100 points. Runner up gets 70 points, 3rd gets 45, 4th gets 30, 5th gets 20, 6th gets 15, 7th gets 10, 8th to 15th get 8 to 1 points. The best two results are rated full, third best is rated half, fourth best with one third and fifth best with one quarter of the points. All other results are discarded. So, the most points a player can get are 100+100+50+33.33+25 = 308.33.

Until now, 15 tournaments are completed. Sorry for 9 weeks where I didn't create the tournament or where there weren't enough participants. But I set the minimum number to 10 players so that every participant gets BGA XP.

Best participant so far is amires21, with 6 participations and three tournament wins. 263,75 Points! Great playing, Volker!

Current runner up is msuspartan29 with one win and four second places, 235,8 Points. Sadly, his last participation was in Week 26, and he's offline for 4 months. I hope you're healthy!

On third place is yours truly with 231,25 points from 11 participations - sorry, I can't help that. But I chose the ranking rules according to an existing standard, so that Mr. Trump can't accuse me to fake the election.

Breathing in my neck on fourth place is latschen with 230 points from 10 participations. He just won Week 42, congrats! And it was his idea that I should do a ranking, thanks for that :)

On place 5 is carcassonner7 with 220 points and only 4 participations. He stopped playing picnics after week 27.

Place 6: chengfengtsai with 218,75 Points from 8 participations
Place 7: Osvaldo Del Arco with 200 Points from 2 participations. Two tournaments, two wins. Great job!
Place 8: Heinrich Shen with 177,5 points from 7 participations
Place 9: Nowl with 140 points from 2 participations. Two tournaments, two second places. Well done.
Place 10: derxtirolerx with 137,5 points. Three participations, one second place, two thirds. I was sorry to hear that she stopped playing, she hasn't enough time. Otherwise we would still have the Alpencup, thanks for that, Eva!
Place 11: HotlyHotly with 130 points
Place 12: manarori with 115 points
Place 13: bananasplay with 100 points from one participation
Place 14: pooh79, also 100 points from one participation
Place 15: cabuloso with 99,5 points from 7 participations
Place 16: torenkraai with 93,75 points from a whopping 14 of possible 15 participations. Best result was a third place.
Place 17: 5murf with 86,67 points from 7 participations
Place 18: ptbrothers with 70 points from 1 participation
Place 19: vasilushik1 with 70 points from 1 participation
Place 20: _black_mamba with 45 points from 1 participation

There are 90 more players with points, but it gets to much for me to type...
After the 2020 series is completed, I will invite the top 15 players of the series to a Year's Finale Tournament. If some of them decline, the next ranking players will get an invitation. The mode will be as the other picnics. I'll start asking for participants in January 2021.

Updates to the ranking will be posted after the next tournaments complete.

Robo
The Picnic Man :mrgreen:
Robo65

Re: Carcassonne River Picnic series

Post by Robo65 »

Current Ranking (image on my private webspace):

Robo65

Post by Robo65 »

Update after Week 51, including the current standing in Week 52

bananasplay

Post by bananasplay »

Robo65 wrote: 10 November 2020, 18:05 Place 13: bananasplay with 100 points from one participation
Guess I picked the right week to join. :-)

Nice, detailed posts. I'm sure that running this series is a labour of love for you and hope that you get at least as much enjoyment from the amount of work that you put in. :-)
Please check my profile for a list of bugs that need upvotes so that BGA will maybe get around to fixing them.
Robo65

Post by Robo65 »

Well, doing a copy+paste from an Excel table is surely a hell of work. Creating that spreadsheet was worse.

For doing the statistics at all, you have to thank latschen. He kept asking for a ranking until I finally gave up and created the table...

The 2021 season is open, come and join :)

For those who don't know the River Picnic series: It's a round robin tournament with maximum playing time, to avoid time pressure. But Round Robin means that there are no more than 15 players in one weekly installation of the series.

I'm sorry that I can reward you for your efforts only with praise, not with a price ;)

Robo
Robo65

Post by Robo65 »

Final rankings. Sorry for posting this thread in the common section, it probably belongs into the Carcassonne subforum. I will report the 2021 rankings there :)

A big Thank You for all who played in the series, and congratulations to the top players of the series.

The Year 2020 Masters Tournament has been created, and I sent invitations to the top players who have confirmed my inquiry if the wanted to play. Currently, the invitation range goes from amires to pooh79, and inviations need to be accepted until January 24. After that, I'll invite players AlexZ to Smurf.

Robo
Robo65

Post by Robo65 »

It's done, the River Picnic Masters Tournament is played.

Congratulations to Amires21, HotlyHotly and Manarori for winning this special form of carnage ;)

Sadly, I ranked on place 13 (which shows me my place between the strong players here :)).

What's sad too, the interest for the series has declined. Many of the weekly tournaments this year didn't start because the minimum number of players wasn't reached.

Robo

Return to “Tournaments / Les tournois”