Tournament module UPDATES: Group Stages

Tournaments organization / Organisation des tournois
sprockitz

Re: Tournament module UPDATES: Group Stages

Post by sprockitz »

going from round robin to single elimination leads to some odd matches. Possibly all 1st places and all 2nd places are re-ranked to get the new settings? This can lead to playing someone from your round robin right away in the next round, which is generally not desired...and happened in this tournament: https://boardgamearena.com/tournament?id=89359
sprockitz

Post by sprockitz »

sprockitz wrote: 18 June 2021, 14:30 going from round robin to single elimination leads to some odd matches. Possibly all 1st places and all 2nd places are re-ranked to get the new settings? This can lead to playing someone from your round robin right away in the next round, which is generally not desired...and happened in this tournament: https://boardgamearena.com/tournament?id=89359
possibly players for a given position are re-seeded by Elo. This doesn't seem fair either as it doesn't reward players for playing well in the first round. You score the upset to win your group and have to play the person you beat since they are the highest Elo 2nd place. Whatever is done, you need to prevent immediately playing someone from your group. Fixed brackets seem to make the most sense to solve this.
rap2

Post by rap2 »

I'm interested! thanks!
Wyldeknite77

Post by Wyldeknite77 »

Hi!

I'd like to set up some tournaments with this format. :D

Requesting to be added to the list of Alpha testers.

Thank you in advance!
Hisicin

Post by Hisicin »

bonjour , je suis intéressé par ce type de tournois , j'aimerais en crée sur kingdomino est sur d'autres jeux , quand aura t'on la possibilité d'avoir accés a cet option ?

en tout cas super update ! j'aime beaucoup l'idée et merci pour l'ajout du multijoueur sur les tournois ! (meme si ca fais déja un p'tit moment ^^)
elk

Post by elk »

Happy to help test and create some tournaments in this format.
gillyhl

Post by gillyhl »

Hello, can I have the ability to make group stage tournaments please :)
Nereid

Post by Nereid »

For some reason this tournament didn't start: https://boardgamearena.com/tournament?id=90241

Is there a way I can manually start it?
voodoolord

Post by voodoolord »

We have a monthly ladder with 3 divisions (Voodoo Gammon ladder) and last 4 from 1st division and best 4 from 2nd play a Playoff to decide who gets promoted or relegated.
Having a 1st round in 2 groups of 4 and then a regular single elimination would fit perfectly.
Please send me the Alpha Link.
Can I set who goes to which group?
voodoolord

Post by voodoolord »

I had a look at one of the Alpha tests, The Best of Both Worlds Part 3 • Splendor
It doesn't make sense to me to define groups of 2 players. That way, group becomes a single elimination 1st round.

Return to “Tournaments / Les tournois”