Dominion Tournament (Fall 2011)

Tournaments organization / Organisation des tournois
ccasin

Dominion Tournament (Fall 2011)

Post by ccasin »

Hello all,

I'd like to try to organize a Dominion tournament. I see that one was run previously, and seems to have been a success (though I don't read French, so it's hard to say!). I think this would be great fun.

I'm imagining a standard double-elimination tournament, where each match consists of a best 2-out-3 set played with random base cards. I think this format would be a good compromise between luck and time investment.

We could have 16 or 32 players, depending on the level of interest. I'd try to run one round a week, announcing the match ups at the beginning of the round and letting each pair arrange a time that works for them.

So, any interest? You can post in the thread or send me a message. If people are up for it, we could start within a week or two.
acocle

Re: Dominion Tournament (Fall 2011)

Post by acocle »

Traduction du message de ccasin:

Bonjour à tous,

Je voudrais organiser un tournoi de Dominion. Je vois que l'un a été déjà organisé, et semble avoir été un succès. Je pense que ce serait très amusant.

Je sugggere un tournoi a élimination directe, où chaque match se conclut au meilleur de 3 matchs, joué avec les cartes de base, en aléatoire. Je pense que ce format serait un bon compromis entre la chance et l'investissement en temps.

Nous aurions 16 ou 32 joueurs, en fonction du nombre de joueurs intéressés. Je proposerais d'avoir une manche par semaine, annonçant les matchs au début de la manche et en laissant a chaque paire de joueurs le soin de convenir d'une heure qui fonctionne pour eux.

Donc, qui est intéressé? Vous pouvez poster dans le fil ou m'envoyer un message. Si les gens sont motivés, nous pourrions commencer dans une semaine ou deux.
ccasin

Post by ccasin »

Thanks acocle!

The tournament is simple and Google translate is good enough, so it should be easy to have both french and english-speaking players.

By the way, to be clear, I am imagining this tournament structure:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Double-eli ... tournament

Wouldn't want anything to be lost in translation.

--Chris
astrero

Post by astrero »

ccasin wrote:Hello all,

I'd like to try to organize a Dominion tournament. I see that one was run previously, and seems to have been a success (though I don't read French, so it's hard to say!). I think this would be great fun.

I'm imagining a standard double-elimination tournament, where each match consists of a best 2-out-3 set played with random base cards. I think this format would be a good compromise between luck and time investment.

We could have 16 or 32 players, depending on the level of interest. I'd try to run one round a week, announcing the match ups at the beginning of the round and letting each pair arrange a time that works for them.

So, any interest? You can post in the thread or send me a message. If people are up for it, we could start within a week or two.
im in XD
Dracandross

Post by Dracandross »

Yes definitely that would be nice.

Id run it with 3 player tables (check Dominion World champ tour style to match it at least in some extent)

-D
ccasin

Post by ccasin »

Thanks for the responses. As you can see, there hasn't been quite enough interest to get this going. Sadly, I don't think everyone who plays on the site checks the forums. Perhaps another time!
sourisdudesert
Administrateur

Post by sourisdudesert »

Hello,

For your information, a built-in tournament system will be introduce on Board Game Arena in the next months.

Cheers,
ccasin

Post by ccasin »

sourisdudesert wrote: For your information, a built-in tournament system will be introduce on Board Game Arena in the next months.
This is wonderful news! Thanks for letting us know.
zfm

Post by zfm »

is it already begun? count me in :)
ccasin

Post by ccasin »

zfm wrote:is it already begun? count me in :)
Sadly, we didn't have enough interest to run the tournament. Thanks though!

Return to “Tournaments / Les tournois”