Tournaments FAQ

Tournaments organization / Organisation des tournois
Ch1zzle

Re: Tournaments FAQ

Post by Ch1zzle »

Tarbh wrote: 01 December 2020, 16:27 How do you find the tournaments you've entered?

What I mean is, say I sign up for a Potion Explosion and a Rallyman GT tournament, play my first games in each, and a day or so later, I want to see how the tournament is getting on and who I'm likely to play in the next round of each.

Currently, it seems the only way is to note down the tournament name, then go to "Play now", change 'Simple game' to 'tournaments', and search for tournaments that are already in progress.

There isn't any single button for 'My tournament games in progress', is there?
Came here to find this same exact thing. Were you able to find an answer to this?
Mobius88

Post by Mobius88 »

Een wrote: 12 January 2021, 14:57
Hairry wrote: 08 January 2021, 21:43 Are there new rules in creating tournaments? Today I tried to invite people to my new tournament and after 51 people I got this error message: "You have reached a limit (invite_tournament)."
What are the invitation rules?
This feature was abused and generated spam complaints.
Thus, tournament invitations are now limited to 50 per day.
Well, for me this is really bad: I am the admin of a group of 330 people and every week on Mondays I create a torunament and I send email invitation to each member of the group and these emails are very appreciated by th users as a remainder.
Now I can not do this anymore...
Chauff

Post by Chauff »

Ch1zzle wrote: 12 January 2021, 17:23
Tarbh wrote: 01 December 2020, 16:27 How do you find the tournaments you've entered?

What I mean is, say I sign up for a Potion Explosion and a Rallyman GT tournament, play my first games in each, and a day or so later, I want to see how the tournament is getting on and who I'm likely to play in the next round of each.

Currently, it seems the only way is to note down the tournament name, then go to "Play now", change 'Simple game' to 'tournaments', and search for tournaments that are already in progress.

There isn't any single button for 'My tournament games in progress', is there?
Came here to find this same exact thing. Were you able to find an answer to this?
In the tournament menu, you can click on "more filters" and "Only tournaments I registered for".

When clicking on the BGA logo when you're in a game, you can also see the table, which has a link to the tournament.
Een

Post by Een »

Mobius88 wrote: 13 January 2021, 13:00
Hairry wrote: 08 January 2021, 21:43 Are there new rules in creating tournaments? Today I tried to invite people to my new tournament and after 51 people I got this error message: "You have reached a limit (invite_tournament)."
Well, for me this is really bad: I am the admin of a group of 330 people and every week on Mondays I create a torunament and I send email invitation to each member of the group and these emails are very appreciated by th users as a remainder.
Wow, were you really copy/pasting 330 names in the invite field every Monday? This must have been really time consuming. Isn't it better to post the invite link to the new tournament in your group?
Wreckage

Post by Wreckage »

Een wrote: 15 January 2021, 11:18

Wow, were you really copy/pasting 330 names in the invite field every Monday? This must have been really time consuming. Isn't it better to post the invite link to the new tournament in your group?
I have done this as well, but with a much smaller number of players. One problem posting it on the group page is that the members will get no notification that anything was posted. Unless the members check that page every time they log on, they will not see it. They only get notifications after they comment on that post.
Mobius88

Post by Mobius88 »

Yeah I was doing that :D
We also post the invite link on the group page and on our Facebook page.
Nevertheless, sending the email invitations was helpful to reach more people.
Especially because some of our group members are used to receive these emails given the fact that I (or some friend of mine) are doing this since many years every monday! They just wait for the email in order to log into BGA and register to the tournament

EDIT: actually I do not copy/paste, I click on the 330 names on the list "invite members to this tournament" panel window. It takes less than 10 minutes, even if it is boring
Thiago Bones

Post by Thiago Bones »

Hi, one quick question.
Can i create a private tournament or is it always open to anyone?

Thanks
calvitoulfo

Post by calvitoulfo »

Good Evening . Sorry if my question was already been asked .

I'm the organizer and Director of many tournaments . I did rules for participating at , but someone did something that I must sanction with the expulsion from the tournament.

is there any way to do this ?

Another question : is there a way to increase the maximum of participants in a tournament once we have already subscribers in it ?

Thx for your answers
Hairry

Post by Hairry »

There must be some bug, because more than 24 hours passed since my last invite and I still get the same error message.
Hairry

Post by Hairry »

It wouldn't be better, but it would be an acceptable compromise if it worked.
1. It's not better, because significantly more people join a tournament with invitations, than without.
2. The tournament link doesn't work because of the mandatory minimum 100 Elo points. I always create a tournament for my group with the games freshly released, the goal being to learn the game. At that point almost nobody has a single match yet, so 0 Elo. The only way to bypass this requirement is to invite them by name.

Return to “Tournaments / Les tournois”