Tournaments FAQ

Tournaments organization / Organisation des tournois
Oso

Re: Tournaments FAQ

Post by Oso »

senatorhung wrote:is it possible to get an official indication in the FAQ about tie.breakers ?

it was initially ELO .. then for an individual match, it now appears to be time remaining.

but i am looking at the ongoing tourney results: http://en.boardgamearena.com/#!tournament?id=4760

and i see a column for score differential.

would be good to clarify this, since you might choose to blow out a match where you are already way ahead if it will might help you in the final tally for the tourney.

if the tie.breaker is different for each game and each tourney type, that would be good to know as well ...
in Round Robin tour you will see a this column, it's like football table rank.

Score differential is the difference of your score and opponent scores. So, if you finish a game 38-36, you will got 2 points there and your opponent a -2. Also, in tie positions, who got more points, will win.
senatorhung

Post by senatorhung »

Oso wrote:
senatorhung wrote:is it possible to get an official indication in the FAQ about tie.breakers ?

it was initially ELO .. then for an individual match, it now appears to be time remaining.

but i am looking at the ongoing tourney results: http://en.boardgamearena.com/#!tournament?id=4760

and i see a column for score differential.

would be good to clarify this, since you might choose to blow out a match where you are already way ahead if it will might help you in the final tally for the tourney.

if the tie.breaker is different for each game and each tourney type, that would be good to know as well ...
in Round Robin tour you will see a this column, it's like football table rank.

Score differential is the difference of your score and opponent scores. So, if you finish a game 38-36, you will got 2 points there and your opponent a -2. Also, in tie positions, who got more points, will win.
oh, i know what score differential is ... it's just not clear that it actually breaks ties.
Oso

Post by Oso »

In Round Robin BGA use score differential because all play against

In Swiss generally you play 3 or 4 games.
rockerrullz

Post by rockerrullz »

I think I found an issue that for me isn't so good!

If I want to create an turn-based tournament today with people that I invite ( and I know that they will join in the time limit that I set ) and the tournament to start in 1 hour for example I am not allowed to create it because of this "Tournament start date must be in the future".

I think an option to start the tournament when are all is nice to have, and also I believe I should be able to set the start date the same day at a later hour than the creation one.
Oso

Post by Oso »

rockerrullz wrote:I think I found an issue that for me isn't so good!

If I want to create an turn-based tournament today with people that I invite ( and I know that they will join in the time limit that I set ) and the tournament to start in 1 hour for example I am not allowed to create it because of this "Tournament start date must be in the future".

I think an option to start the tournament when are all is nice to have, and also I believe I should be able to set the start date the same day at a later hour than the creation one.
I created a tournament 10 hours before the start and it works, but maybe you can plan a tournament with 24 hours of difference!
Willie333b

Post by Willie333b »

Why do I have to be a member of BGA to create a public tournament?
Oso

Post by Oso »

333-blue wrote:Why do I have to be a member of BGA to create a public tournament?
Yes, for create a tournament you need BGA membership.
Willie333b

Post by Willie333b »

Oso wrote:
333-blue wrote:Why do I have to be a member of BGA to create a public tournament?
Why?
Oso

Post by Oso »

333-blue wrote:
Oso wrote:
Why?
Because is an option only for BGA membership, so... you can still play for free :).
Willie333b

Post by Willie333b »

Oso wrote:
333-blue wrote:
Oso wrote:
Why?
Because is an option only for BGA membership, so... you can still play for free :).
It seems weird that the "level" page shows that angel can do anything.

Return to “Tournaments / Les tournois”