Tournaments FAQ

Tournaments organization / Organisation des tournois
dudi2

Re: Tournaments FAQ

Post by dudi2 »

You have to calculate yourself.

Or just join only tournaments with 30 days per game, i.e. 15 days per player. That should be enough time for most games.
Nuraghemajore

Post by Nuraghemajore »

Congratulations to the organization, The arena tournament I really like, but one thing I find absolutely unfair is that when someone leaves the game even I lose points, it happened to me today twice, two players dropped out and I lost points too
T72on1

Re: Tournaments FAQ needs updating

Post by T72on1 »

Pedros wrote: 08 February 2019, 04:52 Hi admins. I was just checking FAQs in case one particular tournament rule had changed (it hadn't!) but I noticed some important out of date info there. In particular "types of tournament" doesn't include round robins, which are pretty frequent; but more especially "Things to check before registering" needs to include a warning about Fast Turn-based games and Playing Times.

Hope this helps.
This. It's still not in the FAQ, although Roundrobin is there as tournament type for quite a while now.

Also agree with including a warning about fast turn-based games and playing time.
T72on1

Post by T72on1 »

And a question while I'm at it: why does this tournament: https://boardgamearena.com/tournament?id=41055 have 1 winner, a runner up and a person on third place, while there's in fact 4 people with the exact same score. So I was assuming they'd get first place all 4 of them. How does the system decide who gets first place in such case?
Iguana

Post by Iguana »

In round robin tournaments, the tie breaker is the date of registration on BGA.
The "older" player wins over the "younger" one. ;)
T72on1

Post by T72on1 »

Iguana wrote: 23 March 2020, 11:15 In round robin tournaments, the tie breaker is the date of registration on BGA.
The "older" player wins over the "younger" one. ;)
Thanks for the quick reply.

That seems as unfair as it gets to me. If anything, it would make sense to do it the other way around. In the same vein as where in case of a tie sometimes level of adversaries plays a role: in case of a tie, the player with the highest level of adverseries in that tournament wins. Same can be said about date of registration: the longer the adversaries have been around, the more likely they have good experience with a certain game and with board games in general.

I really don't like that rule to be honest. What's wrong with several people sharing the first spot in this case?
Iguana

Post by Iguana »

I totally agree with you, I always found it unfair too (even if I've won quite a few tournaments hanks to that rule :P)

I think that sharing the first spot would effectively be the best solution!
MisterTM

Post by MisterTM »

Hello,
I have read all the topic but I cannot find the answer to the following question. Sorry if it is a dupllicate question :-)

I would like to organize a Tournment with some real-life friends of mine, with real-time matches .
Suppose that a specific match sees player A versus player B : is it possible for the two players to organize to choose a day and a hour to start the match? or is the system choosing the day/hour of the match without possibility to change?
Thanks
sprockitz

Post by sprockitz »

Pietro0404 wrote: 08 April 2020, 08:25 Hello,
I have read all the topic but I cannot find the answer to the following question. Sorry if it is a dupllicate question :-)

I would like to organize a Tournment with some real-life friends of mine, with real-time matches .
Suppose that a specific match sees player A versus player B : is it possible for the two players to organize to choose a day and a hour to start the match? or is the system choosing the day/hour of the match without possibility to change?
Thanks
There's no official way to do this. Since you know the player's you can do a turn based tournament with a long enough time period that they can schedule their time within that window to play real time. So player A meets Player B and each gets 15 days of time (in turn based mode). You can't enforce them playing in real time through the site, it would just be on the honor system.
Joueuse76

Post by Joueuse76 »

Bonjour,
Comment se fait il que je n'ai plus l'onglet des tournois en haut de ma page???
Merci de m apporter une réponse.
Cordialement

Return to “Tournaments / Les tournois”