Colour

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/#!bugs
Radek0

Colour

Post by Radek0 »

I'm not sure if colour is really random. I't is possible, but last half year I'm almost always black. Black swan?
Espina

Re: Colour

Post by Espina »

Radek0 wrote:I'm not sure if colour is really random. I't is possible, but last half year I'm almost always black. Black swan?
What do you mean by "almost always"? Here is a little calculation. If you play 100 games, the probability that you are black (= second player) 70 times is about 0.000023. Wow, that's really tiny, you are about to say, but stop a minute and consider. If I am reading the prestige distribution chart correctly, there are more than 800000 users on BGA. Say 100000 of them play often enough to have played 100 games. Then one expects about two of them to experience this "really rare" phenomenon of playing second in 70% of their games.

However, probability calculation aside, are you sure you have not got some sort of color preference sat?
Jewdoka

Post by Jewdoka »

Radek0 wrote:I'm not sure if colour is really random. I't is possible, but last half year I'm almost always black. Black swan?
This would be an easy fix if BGA would be so kind to allow the choice between white and black (and random)... Perhaps if they do this, the annual tournament might be played here.
veme

Post by veme »

This would be an easy fix if BGA would be so kind to allow the choice between white and black (and random)
This would be awesome.

It would also be excellent if there were BGA tournament options to force start order parity, which should be easy because tourneys are only 2p (just play two games per tournament round). The way it is now can always force the competitors to play under different conditions, basically making the tournament unfair and the results less indicative of actual skill.

But things like 3D graphics and links to music are obviously more important than a level playing field, amirite? :roll:

Return to “Hive”