Back button

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/#!bugs
Tribulation

Back button

Postby Tribulation » 08 October 2017, 01:18

This game seriously needs a back button. I have lost so many points due to clicking the wrong spot or accidentally choosing the wrong order of moves. Sure it is my fault, but come on, we are all fallible.

Thor

Re: Back button

Postby Thor » 12 October 2017, 19:49

I agree, a confirm button is a must, but then a restart your turn button is nesessary too.

Cappie

Postby Cappie » 19 October 2017, 19:58

Agree.

durachek

Postby durachek » 12 December 2017, 02:26

+

Corwin 007

Postby Corwin 007 » 23 May 2018, 09:40

+1 for this. Turns can be extremely complicated, and you may realize after several actions on your turn that you should have done them in a different order, and it's pretty annoying not to be able to do it.

Cappie

Postby Cappie » 23 May 2018, 21:49

Sorry, but the last post cant be a reason for a back button. You should think before you make a move and if you see after a few moves that you did something wrong then you just didnt play right.
The only reason to have a back button is when you click wrong, but that can also be solved by making a "are you sure" button.

Corwin 007

Postby Corwin 007 » 24 May 2018, 11:06

I'm talking within your turn, not several turns later. Why should I not be able to change my mind while it's still my turn? Unless there's a die roll involved, or something new revealed that you can't take back, I see it as normal to be able to undo your incomplete turn in all games. FYI, boiteajeux has Tzolk'in with the expansion, and with "restart my turn" button, which is the reason I'm not playing it here anymore.

Cappie

Postby Cappie » 04 June 2018, 21:15

I just think the reason for a back button should be if you misclicked, Not that you are playing a game and Not being able to see what is the best Option in advance. In real life play i hope nobody Plays like that. Yeah, maybe the first time you play a game, but after that you should be playing the game, Not playing trial and error.
Part of playing a game good is knowing what is your best move.

Corwin 007

Postby Corwin 007 » 14 June 2018, 09:02

I almost agree, but I'd substitute best turn instead of best move. No one in our group would go back once you finished your turn and moved on, whatever the game. But for some games turns are complicated, and maybe you forgot something, maybe you realized half-way through your turn that there was a better action. I don't think I met anyone in all my gaming sessions for whom restarting your turn while you haven't even finished it or revealed new information would be considered "trial and error".

Also, why do you think other sites (as mentioned, boiteajeux which has Tzolk'in as well, yucata with Targi & others, mabiweb) all have a confirm turn/restart turn option? Most mobile/Steam board game apps have this option as well. Terra Mystica app for example, to name a game which is also on this site.

I also don't think you *can* limit the back button to misclicks, unless you want mods to approve each undo. And how do you prove that it was a misclick anyway?! Especially if you play on mobile anything could be a misclick, since maybe you tried to zoom and accidentally clicked on a completely different part of the screen than the one you wanted to take an action. It's pretty much impossible to determine.

RicardoRix

Postby RicardoRix » 14 June 2018, 17:35

almost all of the newer games are like this.
Russian Railroads, Lewis & Clark , Nippon all have EXTREMELY good 'have another try' mechanism.

The truth is you are unlikely to get a game re-code. Once done, it's done. Hex for example NEEDS this more than any game I've played here. For the BIG games where bad turns seem like a huge waste of time, Mediera and Tzolkin, I think you just have to put it down as lessons learnt and the fact that it is the same for everyone.
Last edited by RicardoRix on 14 June 2018, 21:48, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Tzolk'in”