colors of the board

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/#!bugs
chrisa

colors of the board

Post by chrisa »

Hello,

I have played a few chess games here and, compared to specialized chess websites, I find the board on BGA quite difficult to "read". More precisely, the dark pieces, especially pawns, are hard to see when they stay on dark squares. As a result, while it is easy to have a broad overview of the white position, I find it much more difficult for the black position. Would it be possible to have a new board, with lighter colors (maybe as an option)?

A view of the pieces that have been captured both sides would also be great ;)

Of course, you may object that I should play on chess websites if I find it more convenient there, but I have some friends here, on BGA, with whom I enjoy playing :)

Thanks!
Lotus Blossom

Re: colors of the board

Post by Lotus Blossom »

I second this suggestion. Only the pawns are completely black so they are hard to see. The other black pieces have a little white colouring so they stand out more.

I don't hold out much hope for a change though; I have made several suggestions for several games but I don't think anybody reads the suggestions boards!
Een

Post by Een »

The developer of a game doesn't necessarily read the forum for that game.
It may be better to create a bug report for the game with the "suggestion" motive, and then depending upon votes for that suggestion the developer may take the time necessary to implement it (please remember that everything takes time).

Edit: I have added some white lines on the black pawns.
Lotus Blossom

Post by Lotus Blossom »

Thanks for the quick fix, the pawns are so much easier to spot now :)

I'll take on board the posting advice, have to admit I wasn't quite sure where to post suggestions as there are several places that fit the bill

Return to “Chess”