Lose when no time left

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/#!bugs
AdriMa

Lose when no time left

Post by AdriMa »

Hi,

I play chess in speed mode (25sec for every move with maximum of 2:15)

When a player runs out of time he doesn't loose, the timer just enter negative territory. How can we play with real chess clocks so that the player running out of time looses?

Thanks,

AdriMa
Superluminal

Re: Lose when no time left

Post by Superluminal »

I agree on that.
aussie19

Post by aussie19 »

Half the time they dont lose anything. This happens too often. If you are playing someone with a rating of 100 they get into a lost position and request a draw. I decline it and then they refuse to move at end of game it says they lost but because rating cant go back below 100 they lose nothing.
RobertBr

Post by RobertBr »

AdriMa wrote: 12 December 2020, 21:39 How can we play with real chess clocks so that the player running out of time looses?
Play on an actual Chess site. This has come up a lot. Its not entirely clear why BGA has Chess on it, other than historically it presumably needed to pack out its roster. Its much less clear why people play on the site.
Meeplelowda

Post by Meeplelowda »

RobertBr wrote: 05 July 2022, 19:46
AdriMa wrote: 12 December 2020, 21:39 How can we play with real chess clocks so that the player running out of time looses?
Play on an actual Chess site. This has come up a lot. Its not entirely clear why BGA has Chess on it, other than historically it presumably needed to pack out its roster. Its much less clear why people play on the site.
Agreed. This is similar to a complaint in another thread asking why isn't there cheat detection for chess on BGA. BECAUSE IT'S NOT A CHESS SITE. Go play on **chess.org or *****.com (pre-censoring myself) or whatever. They do it better because they are dedicated to chess. These complaints are like me going to McDonald's for Thai food, then complaining that this is nothing like the Thai food I'm used to. The only thing I expect from BGA is that the pieces move correctly and it recognizes checkmate and stalemate. I don't even know if it correctly recognizes a draw by threefold repetition or the 50 move rule. But I don't care because I don't expect that out of a general purpose game site that happens to offer chess.
KillerZefi

Post by KillerZefi »

Chess is completely broken, I had a player leave then I had to checkmate the opponent without him moving, I couldn't take his king. What a joke.
Romain672

Post by Romain672 »

KillerZefi wrote: 15 December 2022, 15:15 Chess is completely broken, I had a player leave then I had to checkmate the opponent without him moving, I couldn't take his king. What a joke.
It doesn't look broken. The default behaviour is to skip that player turn to not mess up with other players plan.
Once he left the game, you can leave the game too (by the button on the top) and take your victory and elo.

If you was playing 4 players chess, you would want for that player to skip his turn and not do random moves which can totally favor one player over an other.

Return to “Chess”