premium for 1 euro for 24 hours

Suggestions & ideas / Suggestions & idées
vichy

premium for 1 euro for 24 hours

Post by vichy » 12 April 2019, 17:29

Have you thought about giving the possibility of being premium for 1 euro for 24 hours? Maybe some of those who continuously ask in the chat that others open a game of the games they want to play, would try and be encouraged to continue paying

Limitation that would put: Play more than 10 games in turns at a time. The goal of this is to be a test, not a way to create 300 games of games that only premium players can start. When in a game there is a player who plays simultaneously in more than 100 games, the game usually slows down a lot.

Or that it's free on your birthday (limiting to 1 birthday day per year, obviously ...) :roll:

sourisdudesert
Administrateur

Re: premium for 1 euro for 24 hours

Post by sourisdudesert » 12 April 2019, 17:36

Hi,

Thanks for your suggestion.

One problem is that payment fees are very important for small amounts. I don't say that this is a bad idea, but this has to be taken into account.

Schtitn

Post by Schtitn » 13 April 2019, 15:27

Hi,
sourisdudesert wrote:
12 April 2019, 17:36
One problem is that payment fees are very important for small amounts. I don't say that this is a bad idea, but this has to be taken into account.
One way is to propose "premium day" by pack like "10 days for 10€" and so skirt the matter of fees.
But this has a lot of inconvenient :
1. No visibility of long term finance of BGA with a lot of players who might not engage themselves. And this visibility is central for a project like BGA and its developpement (pay for IT and people = constancy of cash-flow)
2. Encourage short term consommation
3. Forgetting that premium account is also made for supporting BGA not only to get some function etc.
4. Maybe lose some subscription of players who like to be premium but dont play a lot so will prefer the short term engagement

So i suggest something like that we can split premium by week, like "X week for X € during 1 year", and make it much more expansive than the long terme engagement.
About all this, BGA has some data to arbitrate and maybe propose new offer.
Maybe there is also something to look after gift points.
100 gift points = 1 month premium.
But if i take me for an example i'm always thinking "not this month, maybe latter, too much work this month etc.".
Players like to farm you know...
And i'm use to play without premium for 7 year so maybe i will never try it and maybe never get a premium account...
I'm sure some players think same as me.
So i suggest 40 points for one week and 1000 points for one year... or else.
And maybe the possibility to give gift points to friend ? that's an other story...
At the end, i'm very sorry for my english, thought it was more polite...

Caffe Latte

Post by Caffe Latte » 13 April 2019, 16:23

May I remind we are talking about
existing option 4 EUR for month,
or 24 EUR per year. Twenty four for a year. Audible costs 14 USD per month. Spotify close to that, Netflix if I recall right also. Amazon premium close to that. I don't remember at a glance anything for 2 EUR per month.

In general I like the idea catch a fish by offering to try premium membership, just, common, 10 EUR for 10 days where we have 24 EUR for 365 :)

I apologise, maybe I am living in a dream world but I hardly believe people coming here are counting cents and playing from public libraries on rented computers and one eur for a day would make a difference vs 4 EUR for a month... I think this is a matter of attitude and wish, not BGA dropping down the ultra-low and very democratic current prices.

vichy

Post by vichy » 13 April 2019, 16:47

We are not talking about BGA lowering his fees. We are talking about marketing techniques. In the same way that Netflix or Amazon give you the first month so that you know the service to get you hooked on it.

Another idea in this line: May 28th is the International day of games. How about giving that day as a premium plan to everyone? And send a reminder mail on May 29 at 00:01 remembering the options of premium accounts, and that being premium is very cheap, it serves to maintain the servers and to open all the games that one wants.

Caffe Latte

Post by Caffe Latte » 13 April 2019, 16:59

Honestly, I think before this type of massive advertising premium features should be reviewed... Current "statistics" and usability is far from "premium". There is a risk that a lot of people will stay at their opinion forever that buying premium is useless because.... hardly any changes. Ok, no waiting screen, can open love letter table... and in general, that's all. I was expecting much, much. much more when I bought it.

While it is nicheau product for those who want to support site, ok, but if one would seriously advertise current 'premium'... well.... :)

vichy

Post by vichy » 13 April 2019, 17:21

Annotated your opinion about the features of premium accounts. But we were talking about marketing :)

Schtitn wrote:
13 April 2019, 15:27
One way is to propose "premium day" by pack like "10 days for 10€" and so skirt the matter of fees.

The 10 euros for 10 days has its advantages commercially speaking but I see 10 euros an amount too high. I would raise it in half, if the rates allow it.

Schtitn wrote:
13 April 2019, 15:27
So i suggest 40 points for one week

Good idea too (now you can get a month of account for 100 points, 40 is easier to get for a test)

Schtitn

Post by Schtitn » 14 April 2019, 11:05

@Caffe latte
I like so much your humour ! It can be hurtful at first reading but i like it, just stay this way.
Sorry about the 10 € it's obviously too much but i was saying that like an example and concluded by "Don't do that".
I stand by that some people are ready to pay more and not be engaged. It's not in the BGA interest like i already said but this can be taken into account.
Fix a price without BGA's data is just pointless i think.
Let me remind you sommething too.
You say people are not so poor and the price is actually very low. Ok.
BUT MOST PEOPLE HERE PLAY FOR FREE !!
So they are counting their cents...
That is what an offer is about, find the right price to incitate people to buy it.
You talk about Net-flix, good example : People were so used to share account and watch net-flix for free that they decide to make it as an option !
About the non so much premium account, i get you but you are harsh.
Example : the same place option.
I think it is an option you never need but when you need it you are ready to pay a few for it (visiting friends huge fans of boardgame, have PC but dont have Innovation or Race for the Galaxy = let's discover BGA !)
@Vichy
I like your idea about the May 28th (but prefer the birthday gift!)
Be careful about marketing campaign : BGA is about community a lot, this kind of action can be easily find agressive by most members.

Return to “Suggestions”