TRAM (The Rest Are Mine) / Claim All Remaining Tricks

Suggestions & ideas / Suggestions & idées
fuzzycoatimundi

TRAM (The Rest Are Mine) / Claim All Remaining Tricks

Post by fuzzycoatimundi » 13 January 2020, 18:20

I think it would be a great improvement to every trick-taking game available on BGA (Hearts, Skat, etc.) to allow a player to claim all the remaining tricks in a hand. Every other player would then be able to see the cards in that player's hand and agree to give them the tricks, or force them to play it out.

This was implemented previously in Hearts on Yahoo! Games with the "TRAM" button. There are many times when it's clear that the last several tricks will all be taken by a single player, and this would speed gameplay up significantly.

Submitted suggestion if you'd like to upvote: https://boardgamearena.com/bug?id=14216

Jest Phulin

Re: TRAM (The Rest Are Mine) / Claim All Remaining Tricks

Post by Jest Phulin » 13 January 2020, 18:58

Just playing devil's advocate here -- what happens if someone hits that button, but doesn't actually have the rest of the tricks? I like the idea of speeding up the game play, just looking for the possible problems implementing it might introduce.

RicardoRix

Post by RicardoRix » 13 January 2020, 19:57

It's the best part for gloating / shame, enjoy your victory - you earned it. Also a very good time for reflection, the worse the experience the more you'll think, learn and remember how not to do it again.

fuzzycoatimundi

Post by fuzzycoatimundi » 14 January 2020, 20:47

Jest Phulin wrote:
13 January 2020, 18:58
Just playing devil's advocate here -- what happens if someone hits that button, but doesn't actually have the rest of the tricks? I like the idea of speeding up the game play, just looking for the possible problems implementing it might introduce.
The idea is that every other player must vet the claimer's proposal to take all the tricks (similar to proposing to collectively abandon a game). If any other player sees a way to take a trick, they can force the rest of the hand to be played out as normal, with the exception that the claimer's hand has been revealed. No need to programme any game logic, we just let the other players verify.

Return to “Suggestions”