TRAINING MODE

Suggestions & ideas / Suggestions & idées
TheaLuna

TRAINING MODE

Post by TheaLuna »

I do not know if this has been discussed before so sorry if its a repeat-

1. Why do we have training mode if high ELO etc can just jump in and bamboozle you, steal the few elo you may have and then have the cheek to say "Good game, thanks for the memories"- :o

11. Training, I believe means learning how to play the game.. Not sure it means " Here I am - a noob who has no idea what to do - come take before I have gained anything" let alone any knowledge of the game - ( I have adjusted the player level settings but I have found there is a huge difference between 100 and 200) .. land above that .. you may as well just concede. Added frustration while learning.

iii.Why cant we read "How To Play" before having to open the game and maybe even have a practice game with BGA bot or something (i know not of these things) before you open yourself up for continual slaughter before you even know whats going on?

iv. Many times players are marked "This is my first game etc" But often it is only their first game here - and it becomes obvious very quickly they know exactly what they are doing and are rightfully skilled!! :o Perhaps when you first play a game you could indicate your level of experience and that would put you in the right place with folk that play at your level.

Anyone else have any thoughts on this? Thanks :)
SteveV

Re: TRAINING MODE

Post by SteveV »

If you open a table in manual mode you can "restrict table access" from the right side of "Players at this table"

one of the restrictions is by Level (Beginners, Apprentices, Average, etc.)
Tisaac

Post by Tisaac »

TheaLuna wrote: 17 September 2021, 23:48 iii.Why cant we read "How To Play" before having to open the game and maybe even have a practice game with BGA bot or something (i know not of these things) before you open yourself up for continual slaughter before you even know whats going on?
You can. This content is just what is written is the bga wiki, which everyone can freely edit. Also, you know, publishers usually make rulebooks....
TheaLuna

Post by TheaLuna »

Thanks to both - helpful. :D

Return to “Suggestions”