Let Dungeon Twister Play to 6, 7, or 8 points

Suggestions & ideas / Suggestions & idées
squarerootofthree

Let Dungeon Twister Play to 6, 7, or 8 points

Post by squarerootofthree »

First, thanks for adding Dungeon Twister to the site. Been enjoying the game very much! The official rules say that for a longer game, instead of just player to 5 points, you can choose to play to 6, 7, or 8 points. Sometimes, it just goes too quickly with a couple kills and a goblin escaping with a treasure chest!

Could this be add to the configuration panel on setup? I noticed boiteajeux allows higher point games when they just launched the game.

It would allow for some interesting finishes. Thanks!
squarerootofthree

Re: Let Dungeon Twister Play to 6, 7, or 8 points

Bumping this to see if I can get a response. Adding a setting during configuration to allow for higher scores seems like it would be super-simple to add and would make for a deeper experience.
Oso

Post by Oso »

Could be a good idea.

Also I suggest that if you haven't a "in-game" character and your troll is dead, the opponent get an auto-victory for 5-X (X = your score)

https://es.boardgamearena.com/#!table?table=21954302

This guy take around 10 turns, just because wanted to get more than 10 points.
squarerootofthree

Good suggestion, Oso.

Also, I can't believe that opponent in the game you linked. Terrible sportsmanship.
senatorhung

Post by senatorhung »

i don't see any issue with what Oso's opponent did. it was a tournament game so score differential counts. he could have gotten even more points if he had taken more turns.
Oso

Post by Oso »

senatorhung wrote:i don't see any issue with what Oso's opponent did. it was a tournament game so score differential counts. he could have gotten even more points if he had taken more turns.
I know and for this I didn't gave a red thumb... but it's unfair.

But isn't "so fun", and of course, after each turn I should play -select a card and pass-, it's like when you watch a football match and you see jokes or random moves when a team is winning 4-0
senatorhung

Post by senatorhung »

Oso wrote:
senatorhung wrote:i don't see any issue with what Oso's opponent did. it was a tournament game so score differential counts. he could have gotten even more points if he had taken more turns.
I know and for this I didn't gave a red thumb... but it's unfair.

But isn't "so fun", and of course, after each turn I should play -select a card and pass-, it's like when you watch a football match and you see jokes or random moves when a team is winning 4-0
oh .. i forgot you still had to play your turn cards. that makes it a bit more awkward ...
squarerootofthree

This is a very good point. I didn't notice it was a tournament game. Still not the most polite but it makes more sense to me there given tiebreakers!
flagadur

Post by flagadur »

squarerootofthree wrote:Been enjoying the game very much! The official rules say that for a longer game, instead of just player to 5 points, you can choose to play to 6, 7, or 8 points.
Totally agree with it! I think the "6 victory points" option is sufficient with the base game. Only one victory point make a big change in the way of playing this game. It should'nt be hard to add this feature but it can add a lot of fun (I really love playing 6 VP games...)
sourisdudesert
Administrateur

Post by sourisdudesert »

Hi,

This suggestion has been implemented.

Return to “Suggestions”