Missing annoucment in Starting a Game

Suggestions & ideas / Suggestions & idées
asd123321

Missing annoucment in Starting a Game

Post by asd123321 »

Players joined can see Game is Starting in the toolbar at bottom but the
person opening the game can't see when all players are there. This happens constantly while I wait 20 - 60 minutes.

This means if 3 people have to wait or quit after being tired of waiting, per day, that is more than a thousand per year.
1 quit while I typed this.

Have it say All players Have Joined so it shows on toolbar.
Urban__Chaos

Re: Missing annoucment in Starting a Game

Post by Urban__Chaos »

I think you have a good suggestion here about improving notifications when a game is full of players, so the table originator can know to start the game. I also think the table-maker should have their sound on or be otherwise attentive to the game window, so they can check in and react when they hear or see players joining the game.

However, I have, on multiple occasions, joined a table (usually Tobago) started by you, and had other players join so the table is full...and we sit and wait sometimes 3-5 minutes for you to start the game...which doesn't happen and then players quit. It happened today, so I started my own table and players immediately joined and we played. Right now, as I type this, you have 2 Tobago tables open, but your icon seems to indicate you're not there. I am totally willing to wait 5-10 minutes for more players for a game to fill up...but once that table is full, I also expect the game to start (maybe not immediately, but quickly) ...or to at least hear from the table-maker if there is going to be a delay.

So I agree with you that there should be better notifications just in case the table-maker steps away for a moment. But I also think you should be more attentive to the tables you open. If the habit is to open a table and walk away and rely on notifications, I don't think that is fully the issue of the software.
asd123321

Re: Missing annoucment in Starting a Game

Post by asd123321 »

You have definitely noted that if I am waiting an hour I won't look continuously, but the new system generates new open games when you alter restrictions and I only see the 1 I have changed. I pointed out that this needs to stop.

Only join the altered one I am at.

If the taskbar area changes when required players have joined, I will see it.

I also pointed out it was better when the general chatbox was at far right, it could be seen
when someone joined with a window on top that was made narrower.

How about an optional box that would pop up on top when required players have joined?

Return to “Suggestions”