Changing usernames

Suggestions & ideas / Suggestions & idées
Liallan

Re: Changing usernames

Post by Liallan »

Come to think of it, the last time you had a hissy fit with me, it was about women in gaming. What the heck does that even have to do with this??
Shaq Jenkins

Post by Shaq Jenkins »

Liallan wrote:Come to think of it, the last time you had a hissy fit with me, it was about women in gaming. What the heck does that even have to do with this??
Are you kidding me with this asinine question? Women's, trans, and genderqueer rights within gaming communities are all issues of gender equality. You've shown a pattern of being flippant towards anyone who mentions anything about being discriminated against. Your refusal to believe that these problems need addressed is part of the reason why these types of issues continue to happen. Just because something doesn't effect you personally doesn't mean that it's not a problem - stop being selfish. BGA's mishandling of this issue does show insensitivity towards trans identity, whether they intended to do this or not.

I don't have a problem with people disagreeing with me. In fact, I've respectfully disagreed with many people on this forum and have had others disagree with me as well. I have a problem with people like you who a) argue for the argument's sake b) can't get their facts straight and c) are dismissive of any problem that doesn't have to do with them. You haven't experienced discrimination in gaming communities; therefore, everyone else needs to shut up about it - that's basically what your logic is.

With regards to your domestic violence example, yes, I would agree with a name change in that instance as well. Like I said in my previous comment, BGA needs to consider the CONTEXT when deciding whether or not to bend a rule.

Also, I'm blocking your posts so I no longer have to read your poorly formed thoughts. I will not respond to any more nonsense from you. Bye!
demiurgsage

Post by demiurgsage »

The situation is clear. BGA hasn't a tool to change usernames. Manually change of the username causes stability problems. So they don't change usernames. That's all.

If you ask "Should BGA create a such tool to support some users" the answer is "No". Because using the same logic you should accept that BGA should create a possibility to play for blind people or people without hands instead of doing something useful.
Liallan

Post by Liallan »

Shaq Jenkins wrote: Also, I'm blocking your posts so I no longer have to read your poorly formed thoughts. I will not respond to any more nonsense from you. Bye!
That will indeed be perfect, since I have been totally ignoring Shaq and not responding to any of her posts, until she chose to respond to me on this thread and bring the issues up again. And for anyone else who wants to agree with her, based on her limited interpretation of my entire personality, put me on your ignore list as well. It's quite simple - you don't want to listen to someone you already don't like, don't start an argument with them. How hard is that?

This would be a good time to take that suggestion of being able to "personal red thumb" someone without having finished a game with them.
ojomojojojo

Post by ojomojojojo »

I really dont get the point of this thread. Just make a new profile and call it a day. Is it really that deep?
sourisdudesert
Administrateur

Post by sourisdudesert »

Following some issues, we decide to change our mind and to update our system to allow username changes.

We allow ONE username change per account, for moderation / administration / technical reasons.

You can do this from Preferences / Account / Account Management.

Hope this helps.

Return to “Suggestions”